Quantcast
My Gastronomy... - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Gastronomy...

Im thinking of some stuff here...

Its hard to explain. I dont like where the modern gastronomy is going. Or the worlds cuisine. I would like it to be more chefs crazy about the food more than cooking fancy shite.

I feel the same way. It's not because I feel that it's beyond me (which may be, because to quote Harry Callahan " A man has got to know his limitations.") but because I can't reconcile 'slow food' & 'molecular gastronomy'. It would be like reading a work co-authored by Sartre & Evola, with each writing alternate sentences.

Youre not worth a damn if you dont eat your food

Quote of the year.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    The video was amusing. Give him 20 years and he will understand the true meaning of what we do. Or sooner if he is smart.
    I ain't following you Scott...please elaborate
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I love cooking simple things and putting my own twist on them. I do the same with my desserts I take something you know and elevate it, I am not all about molecular gastronomy and powders and foams. Though I do play around with them for my own know how and the fact I love learning new things with food. But awesome pics, and I wish I could have tasted it.

Great looking food in any language.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    The video was amusing. Give him 20 years and he will understand the true meaning of what we do. Or sooner if he is smart.
    Nothing beats the great Salty huh Posting a few cutting videos doesn't make one a champ/great chef you know

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    Nothing beats the great Salty huh Posting a few cutting videos doesn't make one a champ/great chef you know
    lol
    i loved the video, shows real passion and commitment, i bet he isn´t overcooking his shells

Quote Originally Posted by DK chef View Post
    i bet he isn´t overcooking his shells
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    Chef to me means great care.
    Best quote of the week. Thanks for the post.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Outstanding, Bieniek.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Bieniek, great post and Peco, very cool video. I am a big fan of cutting edge cuisine as well as technique but make no mistake, I also appreciate simple well-executed cooking. In fact, the most important factor is the taste at the end of the day. I really don't care about how a chef achieves the end result (slow cooker to sous vide) as long as the flavor is great.

I went to a restaurant last week called Boca http://www.bokachicago.com/ and the most amazing dish on the menu was the focaccia that was brought out first. You could really tell whoever baked it really spent time perfecting it as it had an amazingly very thin exterior and this buttery smooth interior that was to die for. It was simple bread and butter but executed at such a high level that it overshadowed the other great dishes we had that night. In fact I've been thinking about it every day since we had it and now I am going to try to bake my own focaccia this week.