Quantcast
My Gastronomy... - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: My Gastronomy...

**** that looks delicious Michael. Thanks for sharing!

Nice work as always Mike, cheers!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Where thefuck is my last post I written here about the asparagus starter??!?!?! Damn few times I thought I just forgot click on "post reply" but this is like tenth timemy post is just missing.

Anyway, a shorter version.

First off, thanks forthe comments guys, nice to hear ya, mee too Im glad to be back with some food, and hoping theres more to come.

And one important thing to mention. This thread is also to share your opinion. I want to see other points of view, and learn, so if theres something you'd do differently than on the pic, speak up! Criticize !

The thing I wanted to writeabout, is this obsession. Is this thing, I hope you will understand what I try to express, when doesnt matter what you are doing, on the back of your head theres this idea-bell ringing, with all the analyzing and overthinking attached to it.
    Thatswhat happens to me now, or forthe past two months. I was polishing my new wooden worktops and thinking about what to taste my fresh goats cheese with.
    Then catched myself cutting stuff like lunatic contemplating the ingredients in a dressing... Or an a toilet thinking abouthow to reduce asaragus juice without expensive-ass equipment orloosing the colour.

The idea is a starter dish.
    Asparagus jelly made with raw juice, wrapped around fresh goats cheese to form a kind of canelloni.
    Longtime I was struggling with what to taste the cheese with, I think I will go for caramelised shallots for richness and burnt/deep sweet flavour I want to whiz them to pulp, and make a fake caviar out of it, so the flavour is not fully incorporated in the cheese but it tingles in spots as you eat.

That will go with chicken heart driven sous vide, then fried on clarifiedbutter.

The dressing I thought of would be of olive oil, asparagus tops, tomatoes = but then they must be imported and brunoise red onion. Also thought about a splach of balsamico just to wake eater up. I dont want the dish too mellow and boring, yet fresh and springy/summery but with good balance
    I happen to have arbequino first day of harvest

To top this all I was thinking about some good simple leaves. Not yet found what I would like it to be tastinglike, Fresh? Horseradish? Anise?
    And maybe a chip of some sort

I dont know anything about edible flowers and dont want to use that in my cooking. I was a poor kid and was dreaming my hungry nights about some fantastic wild mushrooms or steak not tasteless greens

Dried mustard greens...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I replied to a post of yours in the kato thread and both were gone when I checked back. You are not going crazy.

Your food looks great, wish I could try it.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

I do "burnt onion purée" halve about 3 onions, leave the skins on, cut side down into a screaming hot pan, then in the oven until they are nice and soft and the cut side is burnt! Then remove the skins, roughly chop and add to a pan with about 5 diced onions sweated slowly in butter with 2 star anise. Continue cooking until nicely soft add a splash of cream & purée ( I usually pull outb1 anise but not always) you get a very complex bitter sweet purée & the star anise adds character. I think this would be great with fresh goats cheese, ( maybe leave out the cream if you want to make caviars)

I also am always thinking about food ingredients combos etc. my notes on myniphone is full of random ideas
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Thanks chaps, when time allows, will try.
    Josh, why dried in the summer? I ask cause, you know, for me drying is strictly connected with fall, when we were drying forest mushrooms over whole house.

Chuckles, cheers man, its good to know im not yet crazy

OK so came sunday I really wanted to eat some and drink some.

First off we got some crusty stuff back

Then this might sound funny but its truth - these baby veg are cheaper than regulars, it actually got me thinking. Should I eat just organic and locally grown? What about budget then? And also, I bought organic ecological red peppers, and they were disgusting. rubbery and bitter.

Fantastic olive oil

Poached sweetbreads

Here is my first try with asparagus jelly and goats cheese wrap.

Totall disaster. I made the jelly the day before [like a total ***] and so it lost all of the fresh colour and flavour. Tasted like grass.
    The cheese was mixed with the shallots I picked from sweetbreads, that were caramelised. The burned flavour doesnt fit here, imho

Starter gets assembled

The salad is there just for the bling. My head jumps around beet greens now

Fried on oil I used to confit my iberico

Starter is served

The jelly was dropped and I just splashed the cheese on plate and built garnish over the top.

Creamy pancreas?

Main course was of quinoa plain just tasted with olive and lemon. Veal, and dressed rocket.

and veg

For dessert, by miracle I catched polish strawberries. Jezz lucky me, not these water pumped belgian crap

and off they went with fatty whipped cream

All that plus a bottle of semidry Riesling.

So yummy Mike. I thought I was a cooking anomaly. You work in professional kitchen 60hrs a week, then come home and cook that for yourself. Im-press-ive!

Cheers
    I just enjoy cooking food

+ Reply to Thread