Amboyna/Tooth wip

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
001-71.jpg

002-66.jpg

013-21.jpg

So am I the only person who would love an Amboyna air freshener hang in his car:biggrin:

Lovely smell, isn't it? For a minute I thought it was best scent until working with genuine and Argentinian Lignum Vitae. My shop smelled like roses for weeks. It even overpowered the smell of steel on the grinder and micarta on the band saw.

Great looking handle by the way... I love the ferrule even though the texture of fossilized teeth tends to make me queasy at times.

Mario -

Looks great! Is that amboyna stabilized or some of the same stuff you used before? I don't know how it smells but it sure does feel awesome in hand.

Also, how's the geometry on this one? Is this similar to your most recent knife or earlier knives?

Profile is looking gooooood!

I have no idea about the smell but sure love the handle. I so want a handle by you.

If you loved a drilled mammoth tooth air freshener hanging in you car I would be really worried ;) Great handle, as usual. Love the contrast in color and patterns between the wood and the tooth and the spacer brings that out even better.

Stefan

very nice looking. what size blade is that? is it a blade u made?

Mario -

Looks great! Is that amboyna stabilized or some of the same stuff you used before? I don't know how it smells but it sure does feel awesome in hand.

Also, how's the geometry on this one? Is this similar to your most recent knife or earlier knives?

Profile is looking gooooood!

Thanx......It is a stabilized block from burl source.The geometry is tweaked a bit.

That tooth is really cool. Knife looks great - nice work.

Nice Work Mario, you are mad for that Mammoth tooth. I'm still plucking up the courage to just try a spacer out of it. :D

I never commented this one. Awesome knife dude!
Love the tooth/wood combination, and you have spend lots of hours on that blade. Congrats :)

Great looking knife Mario - how does that tooth smell when machining it? I know when I have to work bone for a guitar nut my shop smells like old school dental work for an hour or so. :lol2:

Great looking knife Mario - how does that tooth smell when machining it? I know when I have to work bone for a guitar nut my shop smells like old school dental work for an hour or so. :lol2:

The stench stays with you for a long time.I am suprised how bad the smell is even with a really good respirator.

Back