Calling all Mahogany Board owners..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotts

Reaction score
As Dave could tell you I'm having a tough time deciding on which board to order. I was originally considering Walnut or Cherry but I came across this thread http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/printpost.php?tid/831732/ which I believe all the shots are on a Mahogany board and it doesn't look nearly as red as the ones on Dave's website (white balance?). If it's not to much trouble would anyone that owns a Mahogany Board mind posting a photo or two, I'd really appreciate it.

I can maybe do a pic later but mine is significantly darker than that one appears on my computer. IIRC, it darkened as I "over-oiled" it.

I would like to see everyone with a Boardsmith board post here (or in a new thread). I just ordered a walnut board for my mother (who is nearing the end of a kitchen remodel). She wanted something dark and "flat" in appearance. I'll post some pictures when it arrives. I haven't ordered one for myself (yet) as I'm looking for a new place and don't know what size/wood will be best.

Mine isn't a BoardSmith, but the mahogany in my board is definitely reddy/orange. Same with most of the mahogany ukes I've seen out there.

First off let me say, Dave you do amazing work and if you ever find time to start making blocks again please please please let me know. With that said here are some pictures of my gorgeous new 14"x20" Mahogany board that I finally decided to start oiling this weekend because although it looks so nice as a kitchen center piece it does need to see some use.

7244489996_d34f301634_c.jpg

7244503750_28191ae0ef_c.jpg

The last is with my 240mm Yoshihiro
7244477866_b207ec2214_c.jpg

Back