Quantcast
kid pizza
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kid pizza

kid pizza

Inspired by my experience at Stella Rosa, I found myself contemplating giving my kids pizza and wanting them to get something other than a belly full of grease and bread. Enter the burrizza (pronounced: boo-rritsa...sorta). We had it with a side of black bean soup topped with crushed tortilla chips, fresh avocado, super finely diced onions and diced tomatoes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	burrizza.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	4962

What is the crust? A tortilla? Looks pretty good whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Inspired by my experience at Stella Rosa, I found myself contemplating giving my kids pizza and wanting them to get something other than a belly full of grease and bread. Enter the burrizza (pronounced: boo-rritsa...sorta). We had it with a side of black bean soup topped with crushed tortilla chips, fresh avocado, super finely diced onions and diced tomatoes.
    Attachment 4962
    Very, very, very cool. I have to do pizza when I finally get back home. It's for the childern.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    What is the crust? A tortilla? Looks pretty good whatever it is.
    Right. It's a tortilla, topped with a basil, garlic, olive oil mixture, some tomato, mushrooms and crumbled, spicy turkey burger patties I made over the weekend. I rolled 'em up before serving to minimize the mess and prevent picking off of choice toppings.

Genius.

Looks great

Just noticed this, but I like the knife teasers in the photo. I see Sachem's ancient Sabatier and what is the knife w/o handle? You rehabbing something?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Looks fun. Homemade tortillas is on my list. I want to get a press. My kids would love it. Probably add cilantro. I like the knife teasers too. Glad you ended up with the sabatier from Son.

That brings back some memories. "Pizza burritos" were a staple back in school. Except we'd wrap ours up like burritos. Typical college fare--you could keep a bag of tortillas, a jar of sauce, pre-shredded cheese, and pepperoni in the fridge and whip up a burrito to cook in the toaster oven. Great at 2 a.m.

Yours look much better.

When I was a kid, it was Thomas's English Muffins with leftover tomato sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan. These burizzas probably tasted a heck of a lot better.

+ Reply to Thread