Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kid pizza

An easy and tasty pizza can also be fashioned on a round of pita bread.

We did both the english muffin and the pita bread pizzas when I was a kid. Both work well. Now, we get pre-made dough from the local grocery store, roll'em out into individual pizza size and throw them on the grill to precook them and then the kids can throw on what they want then back to the grill to melt cheese and warm it up.

Yep I just made English muffin pizza earlier this week for the kids. Toasted muffins, tomato sauce, oregano,added red pepper on adults, Mozzarella and broiled.

Yup. We've had a lot of variations of the pizza theme over the years. It's always good. I used tortillas (and we did roll 'em up because they don't hold up like pita/english muffins, etc.) just to minimize the amount of bread. I thought these would give a nice ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    When I was a kid, it was Thomas's English Muffins with leftover tomato sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan. These burizzas probably tasted a heck of a lot better.
    probably not then. do you remember when you were a kid that was the best tasting thing ever! i grew up with fried egg sandwiches everyday for lunch, because that was the only American thing my mom knew how to make. That and we were damn poor.lol Can't even look at a egg sandwich without ......... never mind.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

About the knives, that is, indeed from Son. The thing is a freaking relic. Super thin on the tip half. I honestly can't decide exactly what to do with it, lol. I'll have to think about it some more. The handleless knife is an experimental knife made in san-mai construction with a DT-pm steel core that I've been grinding and regrinding over the last month to check out how performance is affected by subtle changes in the grind. It currently has a grind somewhere between a Devin (tip) and a Heiji/Carter (heel) and is 185 mm on the edge. It is a little messed up right now because it started raining yesterday in the middle of a grinding session so I had to quit before refinishing.

My mom used to make me sandwiches with white bread, butter, and sugar. Actually she still makes them for grandchildren now. Actually I still eat them.......

are you vietnamese? I ate that sandwich whenever we got baguettes, which wasn't often

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    About the knives, that is, indeed from Son. The thing is a freaking relic. Super thin on the tip half. I honestly can't decide exactly what to do with it, lol. I'll have to think about it some more. The handleless knife is an experimental knife made in san-mai construction with a DT-pm steel core that I've been grinding and regrinding over the last month to check out how performance is affected by subtle changes in the grind. It currently has a grind somewhere between a Devin (tip) and a Heiji/Carter (heel) and is 185 mm on the edge. It is a little messed up right now because it started raining yesterday in the middle of a grinding session so I had to quit before refinishing.
    I wasn't joking when I said that it could be the oldest Sabatier in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    are you vietnamese? I ate that sandwich whenever we got baguettes, which wasn't often
    Nope malaysian, but hey they are close countries so makes sense!