Knife Magazines

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I, on many occasion, enjoy reading something printed, rather than staring at a screen. Aside from Japanese Woodworker, does anyone know good kitchen knife magazines or cooking mags that have a decent selection?

-If you read that title and an image of a banana clip stacked with little knives popped into your head, that would also be an interesting discussion.

There are no dedicated kitchen knife magazines but Tactical Knives has a regular kitchen knife column each issue. The other two, Knives Illustrated and Blade also cover the subject from time to time.

You are more likely to come across a well-informed article on kitchen knives in a food publication, like Saveur or something. But honestly, nothing will touch this forum for years.

Saveur is hands down, my favourite cooking mag out! From time to time they show off some Takedas....

A few months back I noticed markedly better knife recommendations/articles in a few of the major cooking magazines at the same time, so I am hoping things improve -- but for now you only see knife-related content every few months. And usually one of those times they do some feature and ask Chefs what their favorite cooking tools are, so knives are just mixed in with other equipment recs.

I think for now the closest thing anyone will get is to subscribe to RSS feeds with google reader or another feed reader and get a tablet. There are also ways to get feeds from YouTube channels (though they are a bit tricker I believe). You could also add the RSS feed from certain forums/subforums, and blogs such as Jon's at JKI. Larrin also does some blog stuff for Devin (though not that much) and Norwegian Harald too. Our own Dave also has a blog and I am sure there are more. With a little bit of effort one could get a pretty decent daily dose of knives in an e-format.

Come to think of it, I should do this...

k.

Perhaps there needs to be a publication like this that needs to happen. Does anyone have publication skills?

Check any of the cutlery or cooking magazines for kitchen knife ads. Very few in either and without that support a publication isn't going to make it. When is the last time you saw an ad by Bob Kramer or any of the other high end custom kitchen knife makers? If this type of magazine did have ads they would undoubtedly be coming from the big German and Swiss companies that everyone here spends so much time putting down. That isn't going to work either.

Please do.

I'm already working on it :)

Problems so far have been the forums: Foodie Forums doesn't have RSS it seems and KnifeForums' RSS doesn't work (surprise, surprise). KKF works though, but some of the sub forum RSS doesn't work. I would love to have separate feeds for all the B/S/T forums, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Now I am just tracking down knife content blogs and YouTube channels. So far I have added Jon's, Salty's, and Theory's videos and a half dozen blogs.

k.

Back