Quantcast
Is Yours Bigger Than Mine? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Yours Bigger Than Mine?

18X24 for my main board.

I have got plenty storage room at my house

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    I've got an 18x36. It's great in our current kitchen, but it now looks like we might be moving to NYC. I'm not looking forward to seeing what size kitchens our budget will buy and suspect this might have to go into storage for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    I have got plenty storage room at my house
    You are in Texas. I'll make it easier for him, and offer up my house in NoVa. It's on his way from NC to NYC

Hey, now. I'm not giving up hope yet! I could still find a great 1400 sqft 2 bedroom with large renovated kitchen in morningside for, like, 1800/ month. Right? Right?

Yeah, in certain parts of brooklyn, bronx, or queens...upper west side pray hard!

i have a 13x18 board and a 15x20. i wouldn't mind larger, but the 15x20 is great, and it gives me plenty of room to board prep bowls, etc, around the board, on my island.

I like to use multiple mid-sized boards because they're easier to move around and clean. My wife isn't down with them acting like a piece of furniture. So, yeah....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I measured mine so that (1) the width would fit in the sink if I wanted to scrape stuff off into the disposal and do a quick rinse (2) I bought some fleximats to go on top of the board for some quick protein protection, so I made sure those mats would fit nicely and (3) I measured where I was storing my boards (in cabinets) to make sure it would fit. I am glad that I did all three.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I measured mine so that (1) the width would fit in the sink if I wanted to scrape stuff off into the disposal and do a quick rinse (2) I bought some fleximats to go on top of the board for some quick protein protection, so I made sure those mats would fit nicely and (3) I measured where I was storing my boards (in cabinets) to make sure it would fit. I am glad that I did all three.

k.
    Thought about that for proteins. Did you get a sani-tuff?
    Edit:Sorry didn't realize it was a brand name. I have been looking at the Sani-tuffs.

I got a 16x22. I say get the biggest board your counter can possibly fit. Part of that probably has to do with me being at work...I never use a small cutting board at work because it's just easier to not worry about food falling off the edge.