Quantcast
Horror Show - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror Show

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65555800@N08/6696572025/

My buddy had this knife for two weeks, left his knife roll at work, came back two days later and it had that huge chip in it.
    How does something like that happen? Cutting frozen food of some sort? That just seems outrageous. Please tell me the guilty party stepped up and admitted it.

We think that someone maybe tried to open a jar with it? I am not really sure how someone can be so stupid. I know where i work, people know how i take care of my knives and they know not to use them. And nobody admitted to doing it. Luckily for him, Williams Sonoma exchanged it for a new one.

Mike

much more awesomer
    Pro cooks really shop at WS??? Really?

So a person had a hard time opening a jar (or whatever), looked around, saw a coworker's knife bag, pulled out his fancy blade, destroyed it, put it back, and pretended like it never happened? If I were your buddy, I would have a hard time showing up to work knowing that someone in the room was capable of that. If I owned the restaurant and found out, I would be tempted to pay someone to administer a polygraph to everyone in the kitchen and fire the guilty party!

Say what you will about Williams-Sonoma, but their customer service is top notch. I wouldn't blame them for refusing to take that back.

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I have been tempted by that knife myself, assuming it is this:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...santoku-knives

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    So a person had a hard time opening a jar (or whatever), looked around, saw a coworker's knife bag, pulled out his fancy blade, destroyed it, put it back, and pretended like it never happened? If I were your buddy, I would have a hard time showing up to work knowing that someone in the room was capable of that. If I owned the restaurant and found out, I would be tempted to pay someone to administer a polygraph to everyone in the kitchen and fire the guilty party!

Say what you will about Williams-Sonoma, but their customer service is top notch. I wouldn't blame them for refusing to take that back.
    probably a server or porter, I'm leaning toward server.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Yea i would lose all respect for my coworkers if something like that happened to me. And yup thats the knife, it's actually pretty nice. He brought it over for a test run before it got ruined and i was impressed. I know there are more popular knives for around $300, but i liked it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Well we do get a 20% discount and if you need instant gratification then I guess so. We also get discount of 15% at SLT.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65555800@N08/6696572025/

My buddy had this knife for two weeks, left his knife roll at work, came back two days later and it had that huge chip in it.
    Agree with everything said. There should be a graphic warning. Obviously no one would want to work with someone like that that didn't admit doing that. That is really messed up. Glad it was replaced.

Good to know you guiys get discounts at those stores. But how do you prove to them you are a pro?

+ Reply to Thread