Quantcast
Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts

Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts

It is customary for US makers to place the maker's mark on the left side of the knife.

How big of a deal would it be if one places it on the right side, akin to Japanese makers?

The reason being, I like it there better on the right side (for a right-hand use), but I want to make another point here.

I am making knives that are copies of Japanese knives in some way, handles copies of a Japanese wa, and sheaths are copies of a Japanese saya. It's a gyuto, with a wa handle and a saya, thought made in the US from Western steels.

Wouldn't be appropriate to put a maker's mark on the right on knives that are derived from Japanese knives (for right hand use), and on the left for knives derived from European knives?

Does make sense?

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Makes zero difference to me. ;-)

Will puts his on the right side. To me, it makes no difference.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

All right then, right side it is with exception of a few that I marked on a left size.

To me it makes a difference. When I hang my knives up on a mag, I place the left side against the magnet so the edge faces right. I like to see the kanji or makers mark when I hang up my blades.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Left for lefty knives, right for righties. That's what I do.

Right side, thereby making the few knives already marked on the left rare and unique . . .

Anyone else notice a correlation between maker's mark placement and what side of the road residents of a country drive on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Right side, thereby making the few knives already marked on the left rare and unique . . .
    I marked 4 knives on the left and 2 knives on the right side. 225mm is on the left side.

I mark on both sides!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig