Any update Dave?
I'm getting closer... I'm trying to get some work out before disassembling all the machinery to move it around to accommodate the new stuff. There's nothing tougher than looking at new toys just sitting there and not being able to play with them.
I've got the disc grinder and VFD hooked up and running.....now to figure out placement on the workbench and get to relocating everything. I can't wait to move some steel with this thing.
Dave, are you thinking of a field trip to your shop during the ECG ?
So I learned a few things tonight....
1. I'm WAY more skilled on my belt grinder than I am the disc grinder.
2. The disc grinder is very cool, especially the 1 deg beveled disc.
3. The disc grinder is slow compared to the belt grinder. I can hog off steel 2-1 using a finer belt than disc. In case you're wondering I was using a 60x Blaze disc compared to an 80x Blaze belt.
4. Belts last a lot longer than discs.
5. I need to make a dummy handle to bolt onto these thin ass tangs - Dave's got numb fingertips.
6. I need a lot of practice grinding knives.
i've know u for a long time and i know a few things too:
1) you are a quick study
2)you won't give up
3)these r gonna be some bad assssssssssss knives!
viva la revolucion !