Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 104

Thread: Shop Upgrades

  1. #61
    hey i have one of those
    BTW dave any thing you want me to bring out your way other then the 7 knives

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    hey i have one of those
    BTW dave any thing you want me to bring out your way other then the 7 knives

    Just some tips on using that etcher again.

  3. #63

  4. #64
    Lets hear about it.

  5. #65
    Nothing too special, I would have preferred a vintage press but with time pressing down on me I bought new, got a 15" Porter cable floor model. Just got it put together and went to mount up my cross vise and found out it's not even close on the bolt patterns so now I've got to screw with that. Nothing is ever easy!

  6. #66
    Did the old one burn up because you were using it too dry and/or too fast?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Nothing too special, I would have preferred a vintage press but with time pressing down on me I bought new, got a 15" Porter cable floor model. Just got it put together and went to mount up my cross vise and found out it's not even close on the bolt patterns so now I've got to screw with that. Nothing is ever easy!
    \
    Dave can you move the old table over to the new press?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Did the old one burn up because you were using it too dry and/or too fast?

    The motor is pre-1940's with no capacitors. The drill press is 1920's with single speed full throttle only capability. I think drilling through all of those hardened tangs took it's toll on the old girl.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    \
    Dave can you move the old table over to the new press?

    I wish - not even in the same ballpark.

  10. #70
    I just found this and ordered it. I think it'll be exactly what I need.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •