Quantcast
Shop Upgrades
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop Upgrades

Shop Upgrades

I am one happy camper right now. Why? because I've got some new toys (I mean tools) to play with.

With the help of a friend I've recently purchased a new disc grinder with a variable speed controller. This puppy is so cool because I got the new magnetic replaceable plate system from Rod Nielson which uses both flat and 1deg profiles.

And if that all wasn't enough (which is was) I was surprised by another friend of mine calling me up out of the blue the other day telling me that he's finished welding up a no weld 2x72 grinder for me! Yeah this guy jumped from a casual offer during a discussion to actually making me a grinder! I've got it sitting here in the shop just waiting on a few doodads to make it all complete. Unreal!

So in just a couple of days I've gone from a simple 2x48" grinder to a full out respectable stock removal shop. I'm having trouble wiping the grin off of my face.

A BIG THANKS to my friends, a couple of great guys.

PS - I'll take some pictures once everything is set up.

Ohh Man !!!!......i can just see the sparks flyin!.....can't wait to see the knives comin outta there.....ryan

Rock and roll! Sounds fantastic, Congrats!! Nothing like new tools!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

He's gonna have so much dust pouring out the windows, the EPA will be stopping by

I was just looking for the 'Like' button again... Cool, sounds you are almost ready to roll!

Stefan

Niiiiiice! Congrats!

Pix! Pix! Pix!!!!!

Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Fantastic. Congratulations!

2x72 and VFD disk grinders are the way to go.

I am curious about a magnetic replaceable plate for the disc grinder. I could use different grits once in a while. Right now I am stuck with 80 grit.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Wonderful news Dave! Congratulations.