Quantcast
HHH Damascus Watch and knife set!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Damascus Watch and knife set!

HHH Damascus Watch and knife set!

Hey guys, I have been pretty busy the last few weeks. I just wanted to say hello and share some cool news!! One of the watch makers is now using some of out Reverb damascus to make a series of watch/knife sets.. The first one will be auctioned off at a NRA auction some time this spring!

Heres a picture of the first watch bezel. I will be starting the folder this week. and will update this thread as I can!

Thanks for looking and God Bless

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Wow! That's really cool.

You guys really are having a lot of fun!

How is my order of firestorm damascus 22 inch dubs coming along? Rocking only the dammy exhaust system just isn't enough anymore! Gotta represent on the boulevard!

I literally told my wife yesterday that if someone asked you to make dammy for a watch, you would. I guess I was right!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    ugh I so love damascus. can't wait to see that watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    You guys really are having a lot of fun!

How is my order of firestorm damascus 22 inch dubs coming along? Rocking only the dammy exhaust system just isn't enough anymore! Gotta represent on the boulevard!
    22" dubs! Thats SICK! and funny! Ill talked to Jr and hes hammering you out a set with HHH Spinners!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Perfect!

I can see it now! HHH spinners in Tsunami pattern damascus! on a 22's made of Reverb! With Meteorite pins and hardware! With exhaust caps of DT stainless damascus.. and stainless damascus brake calipers..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

You guys make some of the most beautiful stuff out there. The only downsides is i can't afford it, and i heard you make em' a bit on the soft side while i prefer them a bit harder.
    But when i'm done in school and is up and running.. we'll see how the economy is going for me.

Thank you very much Candlejack.. I have always shot for a RC on our damascus of 59/60 My background up till about a year ago was not kitchen knives. It was hunting knives camp knives and folding knives with the occasional kitchen knife shaped thing thrown in.. And on most hunters a RC of 58/59 is optimal. Folders I always went higher RC 60. and camp knives and hatchets came in around a RC of 56/57..

Now with the help of this forum and the great members here, I have evolved and continue to make changes to my processes, and Heat Treating to make the knives better cutters. I am currently testing 2 new damascus mixes.. as well as a couple of stainless core san mai combinations.. trying to achieve the perfect the HT on these new combinations will result in much harder blades!! 62/63 RC range or more. But this testing and that takes time! I am going to be passing one of the san mai blades to a few of the members here to get some feedback on the steel and how well its edge holding and sharpness etc. Possibly you would like to give the knife a work out.

We are also adding Cryo. treatment to my HT line up very soon. And Im sure this will improve the performance of the blades even more, and not only add a point to the RC but also improved toughness and wear resistance..

Bottom line, when your ready to order, my goal is to be able to offer you a blade that exceeds your expectations.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread