Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koki Updated his Site

Koki Updated his Site

Japanese Chefs Knives has changed a bit. It was never super user-friendly, but now there are different search functions. I haven't poked around it that much, but you can search by steel type and he has more information about the different types of steel.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Whew. His old site was the pits.

It is kinda funny how low budget his site is compared to how amazing his service is, but the site sorta has a charm about it. If you ever look at Watanabe's site it is similar, he has pictures of himself and the coloured chart to show how busy he is is nice

Good websites in the knife world are few and far between in my experience. Cluttered, dated looking, typos, poor photos, incomplete specs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Whew. His old site was the pits.
    I'm not so sure the new site is that much better -- just different and with some new features. It still has that that perplexing charm that makes you look around to find the gems.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I kind of liked his site. Few categories, and lots of scrolling. Like a good mall, which made you stroll past shops that you found interesting. I would usually browse away happily. His specials kept growing though until half the website was on the specials page...

Interesting. It still looks(and loads) like a geocities site. Takes me back to the day...

Man, if he'd update his inventory more frequently, he'd probably get more sales. His "what's new" section will sit dormant for months.

As a business owner I know the key is to "create" events that draw attention; keep people interested.

I only check his site out about bi-monthly, because of this.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Japanese Chefs Knives has changed a bit. It was never super user-friendly, but now there are different search functions. I haven't poked around it that much, but you can search by steel type and he has more information about the different types of steel.

k.
    "You can taste speechless cutting performance."

I want this on a t-shirt. I like the new site set up.

Cheers,

Jack

Still feels the same when I am browsing. I too wish it was updated with product more often. Sometimes, I feel it is a fun place to browse all the cool knifes that are sold out. That being said I bought a Hattori FH parer there and i am on the KD Hattori waiting list that will likely never move. I am sure I will buy more knives from there. Koki is extremely helpful and nice. Really great customer service. Shipping is amazing I have ordered from New York at the same time as from Koki in Japan and had the knife from Japan get to me first. That is good shipping.