Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pellet rifle recommendation

pellet rifle recommendation

It seems that no matter what the question, some folks on this forum are experts, so here's the question.

I need a pellet rifle for squirrel hunting. Fancy not required, scope not required, .17 preferred but not required, willing to pay for excellent accuracy. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Growing up I liked Benjamin pumps. Now days it is about F.P.S. with the right amount could probably hunt coyotes.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/a.../217462_ts.jpg i use this one when I'm in Cali. The Gamo® Silent Stalker Whisper ND52™ Air Rifle with 3 - 9x40 mm Scope
    1300fps I love this things, squirrels don't stand a chance or pigeons for that matter or the raccoons that keep eating my dad's Koi.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/a.../217462_ts.jpg i use this one when I'm in Cali. The Gamo® Silent Stalker Whisper ND52™ Air Rifle with 3 - 9x40 mm Scope
    1300fps I love this things, squirrels don't stand a chance or pigeons for that matter or the raccoons that keep eating my dad's Koi.
    Nice. Always thought they were better for survival. Much easier to carry hundreds of pellets.
    I used to shoot at plastic army men, then moved up to match sticks.

me too. dad taught us to shoot by setting up matches and pecans, we would have to shoot a pecan and light a match. I don't think my hands or my eyes are steady enough anymore. It's been years.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

i have an old gamo that was 1000 fps
    i can say this tho i dont know how the tree rats are round you but less you hit them jsut right they dont go down quick round here
    i know guys that have got good shots on them with bird shot and had them keep running

remember make sure they are D E D dead befor looking to move them as the last you you want is a hurt and pissed off squirl clawing you liek a tree

birds and chippies are no problem

for ammo if you can find the beeman hollow points there great

RWS Diana....ULTRA accurate to 50 yrds. @ 1200 fps. Breech loading w/ adjustable trigger set.

I know this doesn't really answer any questions, but I just picked up an Umarex steel storm with a BSA red dot sight. It shoots in 6 round full auto bursts and has a 300 BB reservoir. It is surprisingly accurate and more fun than should be allowed...

Again, not any info anyone was looking for, rather a suggestion for good, cheap fun! ( 6000 BB's, 50co2's, sight, gun all for under $140!)
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Check out airgundepot.com or zephyrsports.com.......
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com