• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Konosuke and A type 210mm Gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adagimp

Reaction score
2 210mm gyutos up for sale with free shipping within the continental US. I hate to part with either of these knives, but I need funds for a custom project and these 2 fit the spot that the custom is likely to fill.

1st up is a Konosuke Swedish steel 210mm gyuto with a Stefan Keller handle. This knife has a very slim profile and measures ~2mm at the spine with a distal taper to the tip. Choil and spine are nicely rounded like pretty much any Konosuke knife. I’ve thinned the knife a little and as such there is some very minor scratching above the secondary bevel, which may or may not be visible in the pictures. Otherwise the knife is in great shape. The handle is a composite of woods and has a what Stefan described as a rustic feel to it (meaning it is not totally smooth feeling all over but has some texture where the larger pores in the wood are). Asking for $190 + paypal fee.

Kono 1.jpgKono 2.jpgKono 3.jpgKono 4.jpgKono 5.jpg

Next is an Aritsugu A Type 210mm gyuto. The knife is 210mm on the cutting edge, 2mm at the spine and has a slight distal taper. I’ve done some significant thinning on the right face of the knife and I rounded/polished the choil area some. As a result there is a scratch on the right side of the knife near the heel and some scratching on the left side of the knife just above the heel (both of these scratches can be seen in the pictures). Also I’ve attempted to lessen the asymmetry of this knife by setting a 10 degree bevel on the left side of the blade, as opposed to the ~1 degree bevel the knife usually comes with. I have been using the knife as my hard product destroyer and so I have a very high degree, somewhere in the 25 degree ball park, compound edge on the right side of the blade. This protects the edge from any sort of damage when cutting up tough or hard veggies (it also protects the edge from abuse by my little sister who happens to favor this knife), but it does sacrifice quite a bit of sharpness. I would be willing to reset the edge with sharpness in mind at a small cost to the buyer. Asking $120 for the knife + paypal fee.

A type right.jpgA type left.jpgA type scratch.jpg

a type choil.jpg

A-type sold, Konosuke still available.

The Kono arrived today. It is absolutely beautiful and was packaged well for the shipment! Can't wait to use it tomorrow. Thanks so much are a flawless transaction.

chefwatson.

Back