Hello everyone - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello everyone

Welcome. I'd really like to see those Hattori KD and Itou pics <3
    (^.#)

Quote Originally Posted by sel1k1 View Post
    Welcome. I'd really like to see those Hattori KD and Itou pics <3
    I will post pictures of the Hattori in May, as soon as I am back from Japan. I got the receipts from the store the other day, so they seem to be indeed waiting for me in Tokyo (while they wait, I ended up asking the store to sharpen them and to procure sayas for them). I should be able to work on pictures of the Itous in the meantime - when I do, I will post them on the main forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sel1k1 View Post
    Welcome. I'd really like to see those Hattori KD and Itou pics
    I think I can safely speak for everyone on the forum when I say, +1.

Have a great trip Alberto!

Welcome! Great story about the KD's, it reminds me of a "barn find" with a classic car or when someone finds a wild animal that was thought to be extinct.

The plus about coming to kitchen knife collecting from watch collecting is that the prices will seem very reasonable!

One of the great things about this forum is that you will get exposure and expertise about traditional Japanese knives and makers, but will also get insider exposure to the new renaissance in kitchens knife bladesmithing that's happening in the Western world.
    If you like Hattori and Ito, just wait until you see some of the forge welding genius from some of the smiths that hang around here.
    Devin Thomas is, I think it's safe to say, a damascus legend. However, Michael Rader and David Lisch have been turning out stunning work and a really unique style. Other guys like the Haas family, Del Ealy and of course Will Catchside are also very brightly shinning and quickly rising stars.
    -When you're prepared to kill a few hours, go poke around in the makers' sub forums.

As for the sharpening... that's a whole other story. But just relax and know that sharpening your rare and precious knives is not as scary as it seems and when the time comes, you will get more help and advice than you could ever imagine (or want).

Now I'll be quiet and wait for pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    However, Michael Rader and David Lisch have been turning out stunning work and a really unique style.
    I did! And then I e-mailed Michael and got myself on his custom knife waiting list for a couple of them! I would love two of his knifes with Lisch damascus (especially the feather pattern!).

FYI, Itou pictures up in the main forum...

+ Reply to Thread