Quantcast
Espresso Emergency
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Espresso Emergency

Espresso Emergency

Despite being in sleepy little Caledonia we have some heavy hitters as regular customers. (We have at least four that are in the Forbes top 150 in the world) So when this guyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchionne wants espresso and my machine is down. What do you do with a days notice?

Call in a favor and 3K and a day later I have a new (refurb) machine.

So I'll be skipping the resto show in NYC as a result. Oh well. He did reserve the entire restaurant for 40 people. (With a generous minimum.)

Glad you got it taken care of. If you need a machine in the future, check out Chris's Coffee in Chicago (http://www.chriscoffee.com/).

I'd probably spend a couple of hours testing the machine as well.

Good luck with your dinner, i'm sure you'll knock their socks off!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
    I'd probably spend a couple of hours testing the machine as well.

Good luck with your dinner, i'm sure you'll knock their socks off!
    +1. Sounds like you got it covered.

At your level of experience, the only reason to go to trade shows is to get guys like him to do things like that at your place. So mission accomplished!

Ask him to kindly bring back the dodge viper... And make the dodger ram 1500 express available in manual. And a two door ACR sports car (a la the old ACR SRT-4 neon) would be nice to see (well that last on is not gonna happen but it doesnt hurt to ask).

I did suggest he use Dennis Rodman in his next Superbowl commercial. I think he thought I was serious.

Quote Originally Posted by The hekler View Post
    Ask him to kindly bring back the dodge viper... And make the dodger ram 1500 express available in manual. And a two door ACR sports car (a la the old ACR SRT-4 neon) would be nice to see (well that last on is not gonna happen but it doesnt hurt to ask).
    If I recall reading somewhere correctly, they are already planning on bringing the viper back.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    If I recall reading somewhere correctly, they are already planning on bringing the viper back.
    A 10 cylinder hybrid you say?

Nope, 660hp version of the regular V-10. The "bad" news is that the new Viper, which will NOT be badged as a Dodge anymore, but as the first of the new SRT brand, will have ABS, traction/stability control and other evil modern supercar gadgetry. It will initially be offered with a 6 speed manual to be followed by a 7 speed dual clutch paddle shift gearbox. It is not going to be based on the Alfa-Romeo 8C chassis as originally rumored but on an updated and lightened version of the current car. That would have probably jacked the price WAY up had they used the Alfa as the starting point. That thing sold for like $250K in the hardtop version.
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    A 10 cylinder hybrid you say?