It's Official!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chifunda

Reaction score
My Harner nakiri is really, really sharp!:eek2:

It's rainy and gloomy here in the low country of South Carolina, a perfect day for making chili. So I'm merrily chopping away on an onion when the ring finger of my left hand apparently decided that it had had enough of the "claw" routine and ventured out into the path of the descending knife edge.

Folks, I'm telling you, it didn't slow the old chopper down one little bit...right through the nail, slick as a whistle, and into the underlying flesh. Nothing too serious, but it sure as hell got my attention back to where it belonged.

I'm pleased to report that no injuries were sustained by the nakiri.

:scared2:now I dont want a cleaver. :justkidding:

Yup. The old slice off the nail thing. It's been a while for me. I'm gonna go find some wood to knock on now.

Hell, I'm just thankful it wasn't my social finger!:whistling:

I hate that. I've sliced my index nail half off twice now this year! :dontknow:

ever since I cut both my first knuckles with a damn a type, I decided to do the one finger claw and have had 0 cuts... a bit of skin has been sliced but no blood has been drawn which is cool. Gotta knock on wood, you never know.

How was the chili?:biggrin:

Well, it wasn't real chili. It was, (gulp) vegetarian chili.:no: I realize this might result in the state of Texas cancelling my visa, but I can explain...my wife made me... or, um. my dog told me to do it...yeah, that's it!

Actually, it was pretty good. I mean, if you put enough chipotle chili powder in most anything it'll taste okay. :wink:

Well, it wasn't real chili. It was, (gulp) vegetarian chili.:no: I realize this might result in the state of Texas cancelling my visa, but I can explain...my wife made me... or, um. my dog told me to do it...yeah, that's it!

Actually, it was pretty good. I mean, if you put enough chipotle chili powder in most anything it'll taste okay. :wink:

We will let you come back, no problem.:doublethumbsup:
Re. Chili, I've become a fan of Fort Worth Light, a chili blend from Penderys.
That, with a finish of Pecos Red....pretty good stuff
http://www.penderys.com/best-chile-blend.html

Latest posts

Back