Quantcast
Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts

My knives are 50/50, which as theory pointed out, don't show well on a mag....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

To be honest I positioned mine on the right hand side because I liked the way the big Catcheside looked with the C at the heel. Then I noticed I always put my knife down with the logo up , so that sealed the deal. Someone on British blades said I had it the wrong way because if your right handed you can't see the logo when you have the knife in hand. But I really don't think it matters either way. I would just do which ever looks right with the size and shape of the logo.

It doesn't really matter a lot to me, but if given a preference I would say go with Right side. If you need to justify it, so be it - but you are the artist/craftsman of the product and it is ultimately up to you.

To me I prefer my logo on the right side. As others have said, I always place the knife horizontally on my board with the edge up...

As I happen to be righthanded, I lay down on its right side. It's to me the most natural position, and with Jknives at least, the edge won't touch the board or table. I therefore would prefer the logo to remain visible, at the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    As I happen to be righthanded, I lay down on its right side. It's to me the most natural position, and with Jknives at least, the edge won't touch the board or table. I therefore would prefer the logo to remain visible, at the left side.
    I'm confused. When you are done cutting something, you flip the edge toward you and then lay the knife down? Then, when you pick it up, you flip it back the other way to cut?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Slowtyper do you then set the spine of the blade on the cutting board? your phrase "edge up" is confusing to me. are you meaning edge out?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I'm confused. When you are done cutting something, you flip the edge toward you and then lay the knife down? Then, when you pick it up, you flip it back the other way to cut?
    Sorry
    for the confusion. Just the highest part of the blade, near the spine, will touch the board, when I lay down the knife. The distance between edge and board will remain at least a few milimeters because of the convexity of the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Sorry
    for the confusion. Just the highest part of the blade, near the spine, will touch the board, when I lay down the knife. The distance between edge and board will remain at least a few milimeters because of the convexity of the right side.
    I see. If I understand correctly, you are referring only to single-bevel knives?

I'm referring to double bevelled J-knives where the right side is convex and the left one almost flat.

+ Reply to Thread