Quantcast
Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Logo Placement Left or Right Side Your Thoughts

  1. #21
    Senior Member NO ChoP!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Clayton, NC- surrounded by lots of trees
    Posts
    2,085
    My knives are 50/50, which as theory pointed out, don't show well on a mag....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

  2. #22
    WillC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    herefordshire uk
    Posts
    1,578
    To be honest I positioned mine on the right hand side because I liked the way the big Catcheside looked with the C at the heel. Then I noticed I always put my knife down with the logo up , so that sealed the deal. Someone on British blades said I had it the wrong way because if your right handed you can't see the logo when you have the knife in hand. But I really don't think it matters either way. I would just do which ever looks right with the size and shape of the logo.

  3. #23
    Senior Member DeepCSweede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mequon, WI
    Posts
    1,242
    It doesn't really matter a lot to me, but if given a preference I would say go with Right side. If you need to justify it, so be it - but you are the artist/craftsman of the product and it is ultimately up to you.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    704
    To me I prefer my logo on the right side. As others have said, I always place the knife horizontally on my board with the edge up...

  5. #25
    Senior Member Benuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,042
    As I happen to be righthanded, I lay down on its right side. It's to me the most natural position, and with Jknives at least, the edge won't touch the board or table. I therefore would prefer the logo to remain visible, at the left side.

  6. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    As I happen to be righthanded, I lay down on its right side. It's to me the most natural position, and with Jknives at least, the edge won't touch the board or table. I therefore would prefer the logo to remain visible, at the left side.
    I'm confused. When you are done cutting something, you flip the edge toward you and then lay the knife down? Then, when you pick it up, you flip it back the other way to cut?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Crothcipt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Posts
    3,501
    Slowtyper do you then set the spine of the blade on the cutting board? your phrase "edge up" is confusing to me. are you meaning edge out?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Benuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I'm confused. When you are done cutting something, you flip the edge toward you and then lay the knife down? Then, when you pick it up, you flip it back the other way to cut?
    Sorry
    for the confusion. Just the highest part of the blade, near the spine, will touch the board, when I lay down the knife. The distance between edge and board will remain at least a few milimeters because of the convexity of the right side.

  9. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Sorry
    for the confusion. Just the highest part of the blade, near the spine, will touch the board, when I lay down the knife. The distance between edge and board will remain at least a few milimeters because of the convexity of the right side.
    I see. If I understand correctly, you are referring only to single-bevel knives?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Benuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,042
    I'm referring to double bevelled J-knives where the right side is convex and the left one almost flat.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts