Quantcast
Catcheside Feather Damascus 240mm Sujihiki - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catcheside Feather Damascus 240mm Sujihiki

I think you guys may be reaping the benefit of a slightly depressed pound sterling. A 5 or 6 years back, the price would have been 30% higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Agree such an amazing knife from a true top maker and for that price. Wow! Very extensive top notch review. Great on all levels.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm glad that everyone liked the review, photos and video (I'll remove the "goat herder" genre from the library for future sound tracks )

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm glad that everyone liked the review, photos and video (I'll remove the "goat herder" genre from the library for future sound tracks )
    Sorry, just having fun. Great review Congratulations on a great knife.

Thanks for the Review Justin and fantastic pictures. I'm really happy the knife found its perfect owner. As an early work it clearly has some quirks, large handle, early version of my convex grind, Damascus is unique as with many of my experiments it was not quite what I meant to do. Naive charms you could say. On the pricing, yes it was a bargain, but at the time I took a choice that I wanted it being out there being used. So the damascus was basically for free on this one. I'm glad I took that decision as its a knife i'm proud off and the bottom line is I wanted it out there being used and loved. Thats what its all about really. And as an early work you have to calculate for some losses vs the value of learning you have gained.
    Many Thanks
    Will

+ Reply to Thread