Quantcast
Konosuke HD double shot!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konosuke HD double shot!

Konosuke HD double shot!

Up for your consideration is a matching Kono 270mm gyuto + Kono 210mm petty with ebony handles. These both come with sayas that have been bound with a hand-stitched (by my wife) soft cloth with a Japanese owl print. I'd like to sell these fine knives as a pair but will,of course, sell them separately if push comes to shove. The sayas may not be shipped separately as they are married together. As the facts concerning thickness, weight ect. can be found in a google search, I'll focus on disclosing fact concerning my ownership:
    -Knives are about 4 mo's old.
    -I have taken very meticulous care of them, using them at home on a boardsmith end-grain.
    -Touched up on Shapton stones once each to 4000 grit and stropped to a mirror edge. These will come lazer sharp as expected .
    -Handles and sayas have been treated with Dave's boardwax and look very nice.
    -Mmmm...., guess that's it....this is a heck of a package..hate to have to sell it really .

I'm asking $400 post paid (U.S.) OBO for everything. Paypal gift or USPS money order only please. Thanks for looking. Feel free to PM or email (macmiddlebrooks1@gmail.com) me with any questions.

Love those HDs. Good luck selling.

Your pm's are full.

emptied, TY TK59.

What are you getting next to replace these?

RobinW, your PM's are full but..I'd part with the petty for $160 post paid. Anyone wanting both will have priority, but I can put you down for this amount if another wants just the gyuto.

Just for clarification, the sayas have been gorilla glued together as shown, then wrapped with the fabric. They will not come apart ever. The work is well done with no obvious glue seepage or other cosmetic blemishes. These knives really want to (and do) compliment each other in their strengths and shortcomings.

These are SPF, TY for looking.

Quite a pair. Congrats on the quick sale Mac, and to the lucky new owner.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow I am glad they went together.

+ Reply to Thread