• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke HD double shot!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for your consideration is a matching Kono 270mm gyuto + Kono 210mm petty with ebony handles. These both come with sayas that have been bound with a hand-stitched (by my wife) soft cloth with a Japanese owl print. I'd like to sell these fine knives as a pair but will,of course, sell them separately if push comes to shove. The sayas may not be shipped separately as they are married together. As the facts concerning thickness, weight ect. can be found in a google search, I'll focus on disclosing fact concerning my ownership:
-Knives are about 4 mo's old.
-I have taken very meticulous care of them, using them at home on a boardsmith end-grain.
-Touched up on Shapton stones once each to 4000 grit and stropped to a mirror edge. These will come lazer sharp as expected :).
-Handles and sayas have been treated with Dave's boardwax and look very nice.
-Mmmm...., guess that's it....this is a heck of a package..hate to have to sell it really :(.

I'm asking $400 post paid (U.S.) OBO for everything. Paypal gift or USPS money order only please. Thanks for looking. Feel free to PM or email ([email protected]) me with any questions.

6406846327_b9b2549eab_b.jpg

6406846747_c81872db7d_b.jpg

6406847139_3cf50ea4a2.jpg

6406847551_3a169d5b2c_b.jpg

6406848371_9c4921c7e0_b.jpg

6406848739_90fff6c110_b.jpg

RobinW, your PM's are full but..I'd part with the petty for $160 post paid. Anyone wanting both will have priority, but I can put you down for this amount if another wants just the gyuto.

Just for clarification, the sayas have been gorilla glued together as shown, then wrapped with the fabric. They will not come apart ever. The work is well done with no obvious glue seepage or other cosmetic blemishes. These knives really want to (and do) compliment each other in their strengths and shortcomings.

Just curious, what are you getting to replace these knives? Seems like the perfect work set to me

I'm using a Konosuke fujiyama 240 gyuto in white #2 and a nice little petty. The fujiyama is ridiculously perfect IMHO...I'll post pics soon.

These knives arrived yesterday, as advertised aside from some small spots of corrosion that don't show up on the pics and some "gunk" in one of the sayas and in the area at the top of the ferrule. I'm definitely satisfied with the transaction.

Sorry if I missed some bits when I cleaned them....all said, I'm glad your happy and can put them to more use than me.

Back