Thread: funny thing about clicking thread topics

funny thing about clicking thread topics

If you double click thread topics, they turn into little boxes that look like you can edit them for a split second.

You probably won't notice if your computer and connection is wicked fast, and maybe it's just on Chrome. But I feel like I found an Easter Egg.

Haha. That's funny. I do get some text box looking thing for a split second.

Could it be a preview box? If I just hold my cursor over the topic title for a couple of seconds a window pops up with the first sentence or so in the box. A double click might have you over the link for long enough for the preview to open.

It's definitely a much bigger box. It's not on long enough to see anything but a blink though.

Heh, mine stays long enough for me to deleted the words. I thought I was somehow given magical power to edit the topic title!

doesn't do it in opera

That's how the BB software lets you edit thread titles. Whoever has access to the shiny buttons seems to have disabled that ability for most posters, but you can still get the edit box to pop up sometimes.

If the feature was turned on, a mod can double-click on any thread title to change it. Normal users can only do it to threads they started themselves.