Quantcast
Out of action for a few days.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of action for a few days.

Out of action for a few days.

I had mentioned it on my updates thread, but thought I had put a separate post so those waiting for work are aware of the delays. My neck freezes up on me from time to time. Its an occupational hazard and there are probably changes I can make to some work surface heights to help avoid it as I am working more in different ways with blade finishing, I will need to adapt to make long sessions comfortable.
    Anyway sometimes it clears up as quickly as it comes on, with a little rest combined with stretching. Sometimes it turns into quite a painful situation where I need to be zonked out on painkillers for a few days to avoid it going into spasm. This is unfortunately now the case. Although it feels awful right now, it does seem to get better quite quickly after any inflamation subsides. So I will likely be unable to work for a week/10 days. I intend to see an osteopath monthly from now on even if I am having no problems. Hopefully this will help avoid delays in the future which are an annoyance to customers and a burden to the business. i notice most of the farmers around here visit an osteopath regularly to keep them fully operational, so i will do the same.
    So if my posts go a bit ga ga for a while you also know why.

Sad times, hope it eases up soon
    ATB,
    Tom

Cheers Tom, its annoying when there's allot to get done. But maybe I can get some design stuff done later in the week at least. I'm seeing the osteopath on thursday, who is supposed to be excellent.

Feel better Will.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks Dave, I went to the doctors and they supplied me with a weeks worth of the "good stuff" So I shall be nicely sedated in any case.

Feel better!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope you are back up n running quickly Will. Hope the meds do their trick for your pain.

Get well, and take care of yourself.. Prayers sent ^^ for a speedy recovery!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I hope you feel better soon!

+ Reply to Thread