Quantcast
Out of action for a few days. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of action for a few days.

I truly feel your pain!!!! Get Well

Best fishes for a speedy recovery!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I'm finally back in the shop. I know what your going through, been there. Get well soon, but for now take your time, and feel better first! Meds are ok, but I hate living in a fog...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Don't rush back on my account. From my own experience of back problems, unless the problem is fully healed, the pain quickly returns. Getting back to full health is more important right now. I'm shure those expecting knives form you won't be bothered by waiting an extra couple of weeks for their special delivery's to arrive.

Thanks Guys for the well wishes, thats made me feel much more cheerful.
    Pierre yep not good to be dosed out all the time. I had a lower discoptomy a few years ago too. Had to wait about 4 months before the operation so was on tramodol daily, I had a few sleepless nights when I stopped taking them after the op.
    It's unlikely this is a disc job though, thankfully, just a case of recovering and taking measures to prevent it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    I'm finally back in the shop. I know what your going through, been there. Get well soon, but for now take your time, and feel better first! Meds are ok, but I hate living in a fog...

As already mentioned good body mechanics helps.*I used to get back and neck problems. Took my big thick wallet out of my back pocket thinned it out and put it in my front pocket. That tilt really messed with my back. *On rare occasion if I get back or neck pain I do a yoga move called the cobra then I am good again for months. Also, physical therapists can really help showing you stretches. My favorite neck one is arm out straight,palm of hand on wall,lean head towards wall, then lean head away from wall works well. On rare ocassion I take ibuprofen. I don't like the fog either and so I take 800mg of ibuprofen three times a day for ten days. At that level it is an anti inflammatory. Every grocery and drug store has the 200mg tabs just take 4 tabs to hit the 800mg. Always take with food. I hope that this will be of use to people.

Get well soon! We all love looking at your work and hope to see more of it soon. However, take time to heal!
    I'm REALLY looking forward to your stoned messages!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Lol, I might be too sedated to type. Maybe I will have some shamanic visions of the perfect kitchen cutter

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Being 5'11" and working in kitchens I find that my lower back is always in a kink just because of the low counters. I have taken to finding anyway of making my cutting board higher up closer to my chest, than my waist. Changing heights has saved me many of painful nights.

Hope you get well soon, and you see this as a small step to better health.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    ...Took my big thick wallet out of my back pocket thinned it out and put it in my front pocket. That tilt really messed with my back...
    +1, come to think of it. I also put my grinder on a taller table a few months ago. MUCH BETTER.

Shamanic visions...

+ Reply to Thread