Quantcast
Offering a Limited Amount of Custom Work to Public (Handles and Sayas) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offering a Limited Amount of Custom Work to Public (Handles and Sayas)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Can I get my handle with an attached Marko blade? I have been waiting to get on the list for a long time.
    That makes two of us.

My knife-making goes relatively slowly, as I do everything in-house, and I have been working part-time on this.

Even now that I spend more time in the shop, I still end up a couple of days a week working on handles and sayas, a day heat treating, a couple of days grinding and polishing, and do some odds and ends in-between those days. At this pace, my current output would be 2 knives per a week, from start to finish, with custom handles and sayas.

Adding a couple of handles and possibly a couple of sayas to the weekly load, is manageable, so I am willing to do that. Adding another knife would be difficult, so I am hesitant to open a list for more knife orders, as I can find myself easily overwhelmed with work and stress - a recipe for failure.

I am planning to add a few peaces of equipment to improve my efficiency, plus I shifted a chunk of time from my other work to working in the shop, so things will move faster. However, I don't want to repeat past mistakes and overstretched myself with orders. There are 7 knives remaining on the first order list and these will be a priority for this month. I also have 4 old custom orders (sayas/handles) to clear, so I can move forward.

I added folks who contacted me to a list and will contact them as soon as I am ready to take new orders.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Marko, I see the option on your websites for ordering handles but can't seem to find sayas. Will they done differently because the pricing varies?

At this time, I would take orders for sets (handles and sayas), but not for sayas alone - I want to keep the workload manageable.
    I am not sure how to bundle sayas to handles in the store, so this might have to be done on PM for a while.

M

I agree with Justin and Johnny, I would prefer getting a handle with knife attached, when time permits. Hopefully I am part of the list for the second round

Bonus time is coming up, so in addition to patiently waiting for Marko, I need to take a trip up to see Jon. Though as a home cook who does not cook enough I need to think about any additional purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    I agree with Justin and Johnny, I would prefer getting a handle with knife attached, when time permits. Hopefully I am part of the list for the second round

Bonus time is coming up, so in addition to patiently waiting for Marko, I need to take a trip up to see Jon. Though as a home cook who does not cook enough I need to think about any additional purchases.
    If you run out of room for knife storage send them my way

Lol deckhand, more trying to justify purchases than worrying about space concerns.

And wow, already aproaching 500 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    Lol deckhand, more trying to justify purchases than worrying about space concerns.

And wow, already aproaching 500 posts?
    It is a great place. Hard to get out much. Four little kids. I know about justifying purchases. In last few months a hattori parer, tojiro parer, misono ux 10 gyuto and santoku, boardsmith magnum board, tojiro itk bread knife, gray kunz spoons, bad ass egg spoon, rosle tongs, and yesterday Sakai Yusuke 270mm wa gyuto in Swedish stainless, and a Rodrigue gyuto in the works. On the bright side I do like to cook a lot.

Web Store Up and Running - Payments via PayPal

There are 5 of each type of handles available for sale (15 total). I might change types, if preference is more for one type than the other, but the quantity will stay unchanged. I won't list any new handles for sale, until all these 15 are completed. With 2-3 handles per week, there will be no new offers for 5-6 weeks.

If you want a saya with the handle (I will have the knife on hand), please contact me at marko@tsourkanknives.com.

You can access the web store here:
    http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....yle-wa-handles

Thanks everybody.

Marko
    Last edited by Andrew H; 03-06-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Marko's request

I made the first cut for a handle - woohoo!!

+ Reply to Thread