Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offering a Limited Amount of Custom Work to Public (Handles and Sayas)

Thanks guys!

I removed 3 handles from the list and added 3 sayas, if anybody is interested. I listed 240-270mm size, but would make other sizes as well.

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....1-custom-sayas

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    I made the first cut for a handle
    I'm in too...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    woohoo!!
    and I feel the same way!

That did sound like an in to purchasing a knife. I would be in too

Thanks everybody who placed your orders.

I swapped one of a customer-provided-wood handles for an ebony handle with double spacers if anybody is interested. A matching saya is optional.

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....ory_pathway-20

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

I got plenty to work with, so thanks again everybody who purchased custom work. Pics will be posted upon completion.

M

A quick announcement.

I am going to discontinue all custom work and services (sayas, handles, refinishing, etc) effective immediately. I will honor all orders I committed to.

From now on, I intend to concentrate all my time and effort on making knives and developing new products.

Thank you.

M

much more awesomer
    Noooooooooooooo!

Just kidding, of course. Good luck on this phase! But seriously, I would have liked to have a Tsourkan handle and re-profiling job at some point.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I can't figure out an efficient and fast way to do these things and I need to focus more on making my own knives (I have new types and steels in works, and those need a lot of time before they can be offered for sale), so something had to give. I enjoyed doing it, but unfortunately, can't justify the time any longer.

much more awesomer
    I get it. I don't have to like it, because I'm selfish, but I get it.

I know you'll succeed at whatever you set forth to accomplish, so there's that. I think it's a wise decision.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Oh man, I was just thinking of getting a saya and handle from you for my Tanaka santoku. Oh well you snooze you lose.
    Chewie's the man.