here are a few more
    1. pyramid
    2.Latham & owen
    3. Latham & Owen
    4. Askham
    5 Rodgers & Sons
    6. Wilson
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

thats a very nice sheffield chefs knife.

I really like the profiles on the Latham & Owen. Just looked at more of them on the web. Way ahead of their time.

Son, brilliant, thanks. I'd like to make a chef knife of this style to try out but in my steels and grind. I'll keep my eye open on ebay also for some of those names. On the grinds i'm guessing they are pretty much flat ground?
    Did any of your blades say "cast steel" on them? Out of interest.

this guy always has a load, big mark up on the prices- though useful to see pics of shapes etc

http://stores.ebay.com/ralph1396/Vin...i.html?_fsub=4

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Son, brilliant, thanks. I'd like to make a chef knife of this style to try out but in my steels and grind. I'll keep my eye open on ebay also for some of those names. On the grinds i'm guessing they are pretty much flat ground?
    Did any of your blades say "cast steel" on them? Out of interest.
    fairly flat ground with distal tapers and tapered tangs, very well balance in the hand. there is a fellow on ebay that a few of us have dealt with, he has wonderful stuff, but is quite expensive and some of his claims are suspect, but he is a salesman. Ralph1396 He has a lot of beautiful, near perfect vintage knives. I wish I had his collection and that says a lot coming from me and my former collection.
    I used to have 2 or 3 cast steel ones and quite a few damascus steel (not like the damascus of today) wade & butcher and a few others, some crucible steel.

i see i was beat to the punch. Ralph is who I got the pictures from by the way. not the slicer that one is mine.

They are very nice. I think I will give something a go in the same style. Mmmm damascus integral. I'll keep my eye out on the bay, most of them seem to have ended up in the states.
    I've just scored a little paring knife which is old sheffield stock never handled. Has been handled by Stu Mitchell, I'll find a pic, should be with me by tomorrow. Its not old old though I don't think. And we have no idea of the maker. Could have had plain wood, but liked the jazzy blue. Looks full flat ground but should work fine for paring duties.

These are so damn british looking. I can't believe it, and don't quite understand what it is. But it makes me want a Lancashire Hot Pot and some Pasties.

I know this isn't really what you're looking for Will but here's a few awful phone pics of the cleaver we have in work. These are the best of a bad bunch if you can believe that, my phone sucks. My 270 Kono is there for size comparison