Can You Guess where this came from? My newest knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These just showed up in the mail today.
My newest knife from Erik Markman and a pair of wooden shoes.
2.jpg

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

As I am sure you can guess, I am showing these to everyone.

Very cool. Do all danish knifemakers include shoes? J/k that's awesome.

Wooden shoes? Interesting. I love the knife, I'm drawn to the handle, the figuring of the wood is exquisite and the finish on it is truly amazing.

I think wooden shoes are practical if the windmill stops working and your farm fills with water.
Nice knife.

Wooden clogs are still being used today, though you see them with leather top and wooden bottom.

M

Some of the other makers had made comments about Erik being the only knife maker to forge steel while wearing wooden shoes.
I think I might have made a comment at one time or another.
Now I will be the only wood seller with wooden shoes.

My photos don't do a very good job showing how nice this knife really is.
Even looking at the steel under magnification I can't find anything even close to a flaw.
The finish on the redwood is fantastic.
It is a fairly stout knife but it feels good in hand.

I will be getting professional photos done of this knife in the near future.

i wonder if he ever learned from adam derosiers......has a very similar feel to it....ryan

i wonder if he ever learned from adam derosiers......has a very similar feel to it....ryan

I can see where you are coming from with the way the pattern comes out from the bolster and whatnot. But it's got no ricasso!

Adam actually learned a fair number of his tricks early on from Jason Knight. Jason does those raised clip bowies a fair bit. As for Erik, our buddy Ian calls him, Toni Ooostendorp, Ed De Pauw and Gudy Van Poppel "The Cloggies" but I think that Erik is the only one that actually forges in his clogs.:big grin: You now need your Erik Markman Fan Club avatar for your profile.:doublethumbsup:

Back