Quantcast
Argentine Grills for backyard or camping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argentine Grills for backyard or camping

Argentine Grills for backyard or camping

Summer is coming, and I just had the good fortune to eat a mixed Argentine Grill at one of Santa Fe's fine spanish restaurants. Hooked!!

Any one have any experience with this type of grilling? The sauces were great also.

Found this link http://www.norcalovenworks.com/Argen...rills-s/63.htm
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

It looks exactly like a Santa Maria grill, popular in that region of California for tri-tip and chicken (and other meats as well). They're great grills and can produce excellent results. I'd like one for my backyard, but if I'm camping I'd rather just pack light and only bring a cooking grate and build a fire in the ground.

I love those grills. I used them in Argentina a few times when I traveled there.

Very easy to use with very good results. The V-shape grill bars (for the lack of better word) collects fat, so you have less fumes and smoke.

Building this type of grill would be one of my first projects once I move into a house.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I love those grills. I used them in Argentina a few times when I traveled there.

Very easy to use with very good results. The V-shape grill bars (for the lack of better word) collects fat, so you have less fumes and smoke.

Building this type of grill would be one of my first projects once I move into a house.

M
    If you plan some spare space i encourage you to make an Asador a la cruz (cross grill). It's a long cooking process, may be 4,5 or 6 hours that will give you the very best meat you will ever taste.

Asador en cruz

Here's a real life video about cross grill, spoken in English (wait to 1:11)

And this is a good introductory DVD you can buy in Amazon:

If you don't already have one you may want to grab a copy of "Seven Fires" by Francis Mallmann. Any one interested in this type of cooking should really enjoy the book.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It looks exactly like a Santa Maria grill, popular in that region of California for tri-tip and chicken (and other meats as well). They're great grills and can produce excellent results. I'd like one for my backyard, but if I'm camping I'd rather just pack light and only bring a cooking grate and build a fire in the ground.
    Even when we are up north at our cabin, we just work up some coals over an oak fire and cook our steaks, burgers and fish with either an old rack from an oven we threw out or with a hand held lockable grill basket. Simple works well for us there.

A Camp Chef Argentine Grill?

It looks fun. Hey, all grilling and BBQ is fun. I however already drank the big green egg koolaid. For car camping I used a weber smokey joe for years. It was very convenient. Now i will take my big green egg mini. Backpacking I just use a titanium snowpeak stove with electric starter.

Argentine camp grill!

Name:  bratencampfirearg.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  9.7 KB
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

The key is to get the white Argentinian charcoal as well.