Quantcast
Insult to Injury, Not a good year
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult to Injury, Not a good year

Insult to Injury, Not a good year

As many of you know, I had a heart attack and heart surgery on Feb. 1st. I received overwhelming support and unexpected kindness from the members here and am humbled. I would like to say thank you. So, Thank you. About three weeks after I got back from surgery on Feb 23. I threw a clot and suffered a mild stroke and was out for a few days, that you didn't know. I feel much better now and have been back to work for about a week. I thought things were finally looking up. Until, last night. I left work early and got home at midnight and noticed that the front door was opened, i carefully entered the house and found that we had been robbed. Every door in the house was smashed in, all the cabinets and drawers were dumped out. The only things stolen were the electronics, my laptop and all of my knives and my roommates jewelry. All of my vintage pieces are gone, so I won't be posting anything for sale for awhile. The cops said that they aren't going to be making this a priority and that we are on are own, as they have more important things to do.
    So far this has been a cracker jack of a year. At least I'm still alive and nobody got hurt.
    On the plus side I got to meet Anxious cowboy, Jon and beautiful Sara at the restaurant show and I also met a sexy, sexy pastry chef this week that I will be seeing. HaHa! I can't tell if this year is going to suck or going to be amazing.

May there be a road!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I'm so sorry Son.

I hope the thieves get theirs in one form or another. Despicable. Too bad the police have decided not to help you, as perhaps the thieves will try to pawn your unusual knife collection and could be caught.

Insurance?

Bummer. Perhaps "in like a lion, out like a lamb. " May the best be yet to come.
    -AJ

no i was just looking into renters insurance, two days before, but was waiting to get paid on tuesday. too little, too late

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow. double prayers for you. hope by chance you can get some stuff back.

So sorry to hear that son!

Wishing you well!

What's the insurance like? Do you still have Knives for work?

yes, i always carry a few with me at all times. I have Will's petty, Spike's pettysuki and Del's gyuto and petty. four out of 40 ain't bad.lol at least I can still work.

That really really sucks getting robbed. As you know I knew about the stroke. I think things will get better. Hopefully the pastry chef date goes really well fingers crossed. Glad you made it to show and met some people from the forum. Some days suck, but other days for no apparent reason turn out great. Hope you get some great days.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    yes, i always carry a few with me at all times. I have Will's petty, Spike's pettysuki and Del's gyuto and petty. four out of 40 ain't bad.lol at least I can still work.
    Are your HHH knives still on vacation?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

That royally sucks Son! I hope that that little sliver of hope that you can recover your goods comes to fruition.

I posted focusing on the robbery while not thinking about the beginning of your post. I wish you the best in your recovery and ongoing health!