Insult to Injury, Not a good year

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
As many of you know, I had a heart attack and heart surgery on Feb. 1st. I received overwhelming support and unexpected kindness from the members here and am humbled. I would like to say thank you. So, Thank you. About three weeks after I got back from surgery on Feb 23. I threw a clot and suffered a mild stroke and was out for a few days, that you didn't know. I feel much better now and have been back to work for about a week. I thought things were finally looking up. Until, last night. I left work early and got home at midnight and noticed that the front door was opened, i carefully entered the house and found that we had been robbed. Every door in the house was smashed in, all the cabinets and drawers were dumped out. The only things stolen were the electronics, my laptop and all of my knives and my roommates jewelry. All of my vintage pieces are gone, so I won't be posting anything for sale for awhile. The cops said that they aren't going to be making this a priority and that we are on are own, as they have more important things to do.
So far this has been a cracker jack of a year. At least I'm still alive and nobody got hurt.
On the plus side I got to meet Anxious cowboy, Jon and beautiful Sara at the restaurant show and I also met a sexy, sexy pastry chef this week that I will be seeing. HaHa! I can't tell if this year is going to suck or going to be amazing.

May there be a road!

I'm so sorry Son.

I hope the thieves get theirs in one form or another. Despicable. Too bad the police have decided not to help you, as perhaps the thieves will try to pawn your unusual knife collection and could be caught.

Insurance?

Bummer. Perhaps "in like a lion, out like a lamb. " May the best be yet to come.
-AJ

no i was just looking into renters insurance, two days before, but was waiting to get paid on tuesday. too little, too late

wow. double prayers for you.:chin: hope by chance you can get some stuff back.

So sorry to hear that son!

Wishing you well!

What's the insurance like? Do you still have Knives for work?

yes, i always carry a few with me at all times. I have Will's petty, Spike's pettysuki and Del's gyuto and petty. four out of 40 ain't bad.lol at least I can still work.

That really really sucks getting robbed. As you know I knew about the stroke. I think things will get better. Hopefully the pastry chef date goes really well fingers crossed. Glad you made it to show and met some people from the forum. Some days suck, but other days for no apparent reason turn out great. Hope you get some great days.

yes, i always carry a few with me at all times. I have Will's petty, Spike's pettysuki and Del's gyuto and petty. four out of 40 ain't bad.lol at least I can still work.

Are your HHH knives still on vacation?

That royally sucks Son! I hope that that little sliver of hope that you can recover your goods comes to fruition.

I posted focusing on the robbery while not thinking about the beginning of your post. I wish you the best in your recovery and ongoing health!

If you need a few more knives to get by at work pm me. Things come and go. It will be ok.

Are your HHH knives still on vacation?

they are still on vacation, so that's a plus. I'm okay with knives, it just sucks that I can't do my project now. I had some really cool ones coming up and now they're gone.

If you need a few more knives to get by at work pm me. Things come and go. It will be ok.

I'm good my friend. I have worked for years with just one knife, so this will bring me back to my roots, so to speak.lol
thanks

That royally sucks Son! I hope that that little sliver of hope that you can recover your goods comes to fruition.

I posted focusing on the robbery while not thinking about the beginning of your post. I wish you the best in your recovery and ongoing health!

thanks

"Hopefully the pastry chef date goes really well fingers crossed"

Oh, it went damn fine!

Sorry to hear that happened to you, were you able to supply a list of knives to the police?

Thats Awful Son, I have a mono steel 300 mm suji here. When i'm feeling better i'll pop a handle on it and its yours.

Man, that really sucks. Just glad that finding out you were robbed didn't cause the next cardiac/stroke event... Sorry for the loss of your knives, amazing that people dumb enough to make their living robbing others are smart enough to take what's dear and valuable to you without being obvious. I'll probably stay away from you for a while you seem to attract all kinds of things. ;) Unless, of course, the pastry chef has a sister, then please call me immediately :) If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Stefan

Son:

I am very sorry to hear about the robbery. After the health issues, that really is insult to injury.

However, bad luck comes in threes, and you have certainly had your three. I predict the rest of 2012 will be great for you.

If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Keith

In August 1973 my wife and I bought our house. In December, we celebrated our 5th anniversary by going to my company Christmas party. (She was pregnant with our first child.) When we returned home we found a bedroom window had been smashed and we had been robbed. They took all my firearms and a lot of my wifes jewelry. The cops said they knew who did it, two brothers across the street who had a record, but not enough evidence to go look. We never recovered anything.

The feeling in the house is strange after a robbery, knowing some thug was rummaging thorough the belongings and taking what they were to lazy to go earn. We had trouble sleeping for weeks.

I know how you feel and I sincerely hope and pray that the rest of 2012 is much, much better for you.

Now, go get the insurance, just in case.

Son, it really bothers me to here this, I can't stand a thief. I am happy your health is turning for the better, and a little "pastry" is good for the soul. Let me know if I can help out some way.

Well...I suppose like many people here I only know you by watching your posts and like many people, there are good years and bad. I hope this is the worst of it for you. You are due for a good year...

son, very sorry to hear both about the stroke and the robbery.

If you have any info to post about some of the knives, jewelry, etc. that were taken people can keep their eyes open when on eBay, etc., although I suspect the thieves have someone local to sell it all to. Might be worth hitting up any pawn shops, etc. in the area and giving them a heads up on what some of your stolen property looks like -- maybe someone will be able to help you out.

Wow Son, sorry to hear buddy. I will get a care package out to you real soon.

Back