3 blue Boxes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
3 blue Boxes arrived today.
Bit thiner then i expected :)

All 3 is sold !

IMGP1172.jpg

IMGP1175.jpg

IMGP1176.jpg

IMGP1178.jpg

IMGP1184.jpg

IMGP1187.jpg

Damn, those are thin! I had heard that mine was thin, but those are even thinner.

I'd love to know how these perform compared to a standard one. Mine is a joy to use, and it's even a bit on the thick side for a Shig. So much of why I like it comes from it's girth.

Is Iizuka-San still cranking them out regularly?

hey maxim, do you have weights on these? curious how they compare to my 240. (i saw a blog post of yours that said they were 240's).

I remember my Shig didn't quite cut as amazingly as I expected it to based on what I had read. I wonder if these are better in terms of resistance when cutting.

Jesus. I got little excited for a second, only until i read theyre 240...

;)

190g yes it is 240 mm Kasumi Gyutos :)

i'd love to compare one of those thin ones to my regular ol' kasumi Shig. might have to see about buying one after i've recovered from all of this year's expenses.

i'd love to compare one of those thin ones to my regular ol' kasumi Shig. might have to see about buying one after i've recovered from all of this year's expenses.

Ahhh, why not pull the trigger now, it is going to take a year to get it anyways.

Ahhh, why not pull the trigger now, it is going to take a year to get it anyways.

no money because i just paid for a wedding photographer. i'm in no hurry, and i want to buy a Heiji and a Catcheside first, anyway.

no money because i just paid for a wedding photographer. i'm in no hurry, and i want to buy a Heiji and a Catcheside first, anyway.

I did it the other way - I picked up the Shig first (with a Marko handle soon hopefully) and will be adding a Catchside later down the road.

Wedding expenses can definitely add up quick. It is critical to have a good photographer. Our photographer backed out last minute and we ended up having a friend do them - no offense to him he is a skilled photographer, but he let other people take pictures while he was and we didn't end up with very many good ones because everyone was looking in a different direction.

since i already have a Shig, a second isn't a priority ;)

i have hired a husband and wife pro-photo team that are very highly rated, so i'm hoping it goes well. their portfolios were pretty impressive, and reviews were good.

Latest posts

Back