Quantcast
Going sub zero! Stepping up my game :) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going sub zero! Stepping up my game :)

UPDATE!!!
    I went to get my Oxygen tank filled at a local welding shop this week. When I picked the tank up. I mentioned LN and asked if his supplier would bring it out and deliver If I have a Dewar waiting for him. As it turn out the LN delivery truck comes to our little town once a week. Best part is, they will deliver and the welding shop is just a few blocks from my home so transport shouldn't be a problem!!!

Up until today I was under the impression that the closest place for a fill up was a 40 minute drive one way. What a Blessing and even if the cost is a little higher then the other place. With gas at 4.00 a gallon and time being one of the few things I cant make. Ill gladly pay a buck or 2 more a liter for the convenience!!

Heck if I wanted to I may be able to even cut out the local welding shop and deal direct with the supplier. But I wont... There great guys , good old boys! Every time I drop in to buy something I spend at least a hour chatting with them and hanging around. Its like stepping back 20 years when you walk through the door, Its a cool place. Shops like this are all but extinct in this day and age.

Im still super excited and just wanted to share!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Cool news! Quite literally...
    Len

WOOO HOOOO, Its here! And its HUGE. for some reason I didnt picture it as large as it is. No worrys. I will make room for it!!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

UPDATE. The tank will be filled next week and We will start as time allows to do some HT testing on 3 "new" (to us) steels. and a couple very well known and proven performers. in the kitchen and in the field!

Randy Jr also has been forging me some laminates. to work with, Cru forge V core with stainless cladding, And O-1 core with damascus cladding. Etc. etc. And the fun continues!!

LN- very useful for frozen banana sudays at lunch time - hope that helps

Mmm Bananas!

Well, I have officially cryo quenched my first blade! Its a CPM154 240mm Gyuto.

Too much fun!

:

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    :
    +10
    Chewie's the man.

OK, I get it. I will take some photos next time I do a blade in it!
    I still have to grind the one I did. Wont be long, I see a spot open in my scheduled in 2014 Wait. Nope.. wait... late 2013..

+ Reply to Thread