Quantcast
Going sub zero! Stepping up my game :) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going sub zero! Stepping up my game :)

lol!!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Did some HT on a few Stainless steel blades. They are some of DT Stainless AEBL and 304 combination.

I remembered to snap some images for Eamon.

This Cryo treatment is COOL. quite literally.
    Thanks

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Knifesicles!!!!!

At least they didn't go POPSICLE on you! I hate hearing that 'tink' when you quench a blade.

Just don't stick your tongue to the blade...have Jr try it first

-Michael

Very cool, pun intended!! Randy, the one thing that I can't figure out is how TALL is the inside "chamber" on those dewars when you put the foam plug in. All I can tell is that when you go to the ones 2 liters or over, you move up from the 5 inch cow spooge holder to the 11 inch model. Obvious that 34 liter, which seems to be a common one for knife guys, is tall enough to dip your blades, but can you put in the pug and close the lid with the blades inside of the tank?

JM. This one is approx 18" inside not counting the neck tube area. I made a stainless steel hook as seen in the pictures. and if I set it just right I can put the pug/cap back on it with the blade/blades in the tank.

I went with this 34HC because the neck tube is approx. 3.5" where most of the others I found for sale, even larger capacity were approx. 2"

I have no complaints so far. Its holding the LN and as far as I can tell it barely changed at all from when i got it filled. so the hold time and seals seem to be great on this Dewar!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

There is a 20 liter model with a BIG neck tube opening, like over 5 inches, but I hear that it vents your LN MUCH faster than the bigger dewars. Thanks for the info. 18 inches will cover about anything I ever want to make from stainless and HT myself. The good news for me is that if I was still young and thin, I could probably carry one of those to my local AirGas store it is so close.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    JM. This one is approx 18" inside not counting the neck tube area. I made a stainless steel hook as seen in the pictures. and if I set it just right I can put the pug/cap back on it with the blade/blades in the tank.

I went with this 34HC because the neck tube is approx. 3.5" where most of the others I found for sale, even larger capacity were approx. 2"

I have no complaints so far. Its holding the LN and as far as I can tell it barely changed at all from when i got it filled. so the hold time and seals seem to be great on this Dewar!

+ Reply to Thread