Quantcast
Big Green Egg - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Green Egg

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Large BGE in the back of my truck, pics to follow.
    Congrats!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jason

That was a ***** getting it out of my truck and into the nest. Nuckin futs I am.
    Jason

My dad got his awhile back and loves it. Says it is a whole new experience.

So awesome, they're so pretty when new, but not for long. The plate setter is going to be essential if you want to do low and slow BBQ and pizza!

Oh yeah, and Royal Oak is a great lump and easily found at Wal Mart for cheap. The large BGE lump is supposedly just re-branded Royal Oak.

I use these to get the Egg lit, works like a charm every single time. Don't worry about a chimney, those are for briquettes in a Weber. Starter cubes are the way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-50B-Pr...1259300&sr=8-1

Or if you wanna go with a more badass lighting method you can invest in a MAPP torch kit (not propane) from Home Depot or Lowe's. Supposedly gets the coals lit in seconds and ready to cook in minutes.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Sorry if you know all this, just trying to pass on some info to a fellow Egghead!

the ceramic grill store has all the accessories you will ever need. I can personally recommend the large adjustable rig and the spider as very useful. I keep the large adjustable rig in my egg all the time and the flexibility of the multi levels is great.

I can attest the to the MAPP torch method of lighting the coals. works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Oh yeah, and Royal Oak is a great lump and easily found at Wal Mart for cheap. The large BGE lump is supposedly just re-branded Royal Oak.

I use these to get the Egg lit, works like a charm every single time. Don't worry about a chimney, those are for briquettes in a Weber. Starter cubes are the way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-50B-Pr...1259300&sr=8-1

Or if you wanna go with a more badass lighting method you can invest in a MAPP torch kit (not propane) from Home Depot or Lowe's. Supposedly gets the coals lit in seconds and ready to cook in minutes.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Sorry if you know all this, just trying to pass on some info to a fellow Egghead!
    I bought those starters at ACE!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So awesome, they're so pretty when new, but not for long. The plate setter is going to be essential if you want to do low and slow BBQ and pizza!
    They ran out of the plate setter for large, supposedly getting it in again in a couple of days. That, and a round pizza stone are my buys. A buddy of mine owes me a favor, I might ask him to make me a wooden table fitted for the BGE with casters.
    Jason

+ Reply to Thread