Quantcast
Big Green Egg - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Big Green Egg

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    I purchased a once used XL BGE at the Southern California Eggfest last year. It's worked for me great so far.

The company that sponsors it is here: http://outdoorkitchencreations.net/

Unfortunately, they already sold out of the once used eggs for this year's Eggfest. However, these people are really great. Great service, answer all questions, etc. If you go to the Eggfest, they'll probably have a regional representative there to answer any more questions.

However, as I've explained before, I don't think the BGE platesetter is great in my experience. Maybe it's how I"m using it, but I don't feel that I get enough circulation or smoke when I use it. I'm seriously considering buying the indirect setup from this company: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
    I am starting to feel the same way.
    Jason

the place setter has its place especailly for pizza and bread but as far as everything else i think toms stuff from ceramicgrillstore is the way to go .. i have not done that as i have several pizza stones and something from bbqguru that allows me to use the pizza stone for indirect and several grids with carriage bolts for multi level cooking. if i could stop spending money on knives i would get the stuff from tom.. who , by the was is a great guy and his products are first class.
    am i allowed to post a link for a friends website who sell bbq rubs that are very popular with the bge and bbq crowd? i have no financial interest. thanks for your advice .

Any one else notice that Wally World has downsized their bags of Royal Oak? I didn't realise until I got home I had one ten pound bag and one that weighs 8.8#.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Any one else notice that Wally World has downsized their bags of Royal Oak? I didn't realise until I got home I had one ten pound bag and one that weighs 8.8#.

Dave
    Maybe that was just a quality control thing. Fingers crossed. Walmart is still way cheaper than BBQ stores around here. Would be nice to find a bulk supplier around me.

The bags look like their the same size but the print has changed. Still made in the USA but 8.8#. I'm going to hit a few WW's this morning to try and stock up for the season with 10# bags.

Dave

I posted this in the "Baking Steel for Pizza" thread.. thought some of you with kamado grills might be interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...conversion-kit

mmmm...zombie threads....
    I love my BGEs.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread