Quantcast
ugliest. knife. ever. - Page 21
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    This looks like a sickle wanabe
    I'm glad they labeled it cause I'd of never guessed..
    KARAMBIT !!!

Rambo hollow handled survival karambit at that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    KARAMBIT !!!

The BS level is OVER 9000!.....

Shun Edo’s reputation for superior power and control is reflected in the extraordinary appearance of their cutlery. The VG-10 steel blade’s eye-catching hammered pattern reduces drag and helps food release easily, and the handle’s tear-drop shape and broad bolster facilitate a variety of cutting techniques.

The innovative combination of low-frequency and high-frequency serrations serve to improve performance.

Low-frequency to help minimize resistance between blade and cutting board.

High-Frequency to reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post

Shun Edo’s reputation for superior power and control is reflected in the extraordinary appearance of their cutlery. The VG-10 steel blade’s eye-catching hammered pattern reduces drag and helps food release easily, and the handle’s tear-drop shape and broad bolster facilitate a variety of cutting techniques.

The innovative combination of low-frequency and high-frequency serrations serve to improve performance.

High-Frequency to reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.

And it is yours for only $199.99! http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...y=cknives-shun

I saw one of these at Williams-Sonoma. It us just as ugly in person, if not more so and not cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post

Talk about wavy edges! It looks like the edge isn't straight down the line but bends back and forth...I would love to see someone use this thing I guess it is just supposed to be serrated twice? Or like a long scalloped edge plus tight serrations...what a disaster. There is this whole market now for very expensive serrated knives from Shun. Wonder Why? I mean I can guess but seriously what a piece of crap. It will always cut the same crappy way.

Also says they want to reduce tearing? Seriously? That is all this thing does is tear stuff!

That one should be fun to sharpen, boy-howdy!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Spike, don't you know that you NEVER have to sharpen those serrated knives? You can chop soda cans and radiator hose and still julienne fries like a pro!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    That one should be fun to sharpen, boy-howdy!

But it comes with a stand! That's like a twofer.

(Actually, I kind of like the stand, but the knife is aweful)