Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

Well, for $199, you could buy the package, keep the stand and foist the knife on some irritating relative as a Christmas present, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    But it comes with a stand! That's like a twofer.

(Actually, I kind of like the stand, but the knife is aweful)

Or just grind the edge straight. Butt then you would have to do something about that horrible bolster..........
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

hahaha -- that lil bastard was scary in the movie The Shadow - what ever happened to awesome / so bad its good movies like that ?

I am going to go to Williams and Sanoma and ask to test it out. I should tell them I read the description and what to compare it to one of my gyutos because I am so intrigued by the claims. I am all about scientific method. Maybe they'd let me do a cooking demo? I should inquire, what do you guys thinK? I'm ok with making claims if they are proven!

Whoever designed that should be hacked to death with it.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

But did you read the description, it is designed for smooth cutting with "minimal tearing" ... so according to findings it might be hard to hack someone with it, slice maybe. I'm just saying.

I was intrigued by the claim that it "minimized resistance between the blade and cutting board". I consider this a good thing as I really hate to push hard while sawing through my board

That Bread knife is brutal. I don't get it. I don't mind the shun utility knife, but the rest of them are pretty horrible. Kindah hard to see the skill wasted.
    It's not the Answer it's the Experience

Remember those knives that looked like they where made with pipe handles covered in bright colored plastic? Well, in this case, looks aren't deceiving:

The "8" Chefs (Thin)" is only $315
    http://mksdesign.com/shoppingcart.html
    But, sadly it's back ordered. Maybe they'll do a re-handle on my Marko Shige w/ crappy, wood handle.