Quantcast
ugliest. knife. ever. - Page 31
Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

But the handle looks like an avocado! It's sooooooo cuuuuuuuuute!

Here's a set that a friend of my wife's just bought. She was very excited about her purchase.

Brought to us by the wonderful folks at miracle blade who apparently have a hard-on for the Shun Ken Onions?
    - Erik

Lol, when I was 18 I worked with a family owned restaurat that had the miracle blades. The owner bought me a set and I still use the steak knives to this day.

I got my mom one of those Miracle Blade sets like 12 years ago. The steak knives are great and the only thing I use in the block

Yep, the steak knives have a scalloped edge and work pretty good.

The strangest thing I've learned in the past year is that most not-avid home cooks do 90% of their knifework with a single favorite steak knife.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    The strangest thing I've learned in the past year is that most not-avid home cooks do 90% of their knifework with a single favorite steak knife.
    crazy, ain't it?

My mom does that, but she uses a 40 year old steak knife that is about as sharp as a butter knife, but she had a Hiro AS santoku, 4 5/8" VG-10 damascus petty and all of my knives at her disposal???

much more awesomer
    Yep. All my lesser-but-still-sharp knives are in the block (the J-knives are mostly hands-off), yet my wife does almost all cutting with a never-was-sharp-in-the-first-place Farberware paring knife we got as part of a block set that was a wedding gift 17 years ago.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I've noticed that since I've started sharpening the knifes in the house properly, the other members of my household are less likely to use them (they describe them as scary sharp) I don't know how common that reaction is in other households.

dragonlord
    Not only in households but also members of my Chili Team

Caught my wife using a dull Henkels steak knife to slice a tomato last night. The Henkels and Wusthof paring knives were too dull, so she grabbed that one. Never mind that the Pierre utility and DT ITK utility were in the other block, and more then up to the task, plus her own sharp-as-heck DM-rehandled Hiro 210 gyuto, oh and about a dozen other utilities, sujis and gyutos...