Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Who says you can polish a turd? It looks like this...a polished turd!
    Ah but Mythbusters did, but it took a ton of crap, form many forms of beasts.
    Chewie's the man.

How about this one. And sadly.... It's mine, lol. *hangs head in shame*

I find it utterly useless. Handle must have been made for someone who has no fingers, and there is no comftorable way to hold it, and the "pinch" hole...
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    +1.

We grind our burgers here at the restaraunt from fresh cut hanger steaks. I always do a 'tester' by searing it for about a minute each side, flipping it four times, so four minutes total. Gives it a nice even thin crust, and a barely warmed center. Never had a better burger...
    MMMMMM +1 for sure, rare hanger burgers! hanger steak is underrated and not well-enough known, I wish it was served in more restaurants. Super tender and way cheaper than other tender cuts... bonus
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

And to make the knife that started this thread even more special, you can get it with the special "bread miter box" so you can make those perfect slices!

Name:  sa69238326-en.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  10.1 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    And to make the knife that started this thread even more special, you can get it with the special "bread miter box" so you can make those perfect slices!

that's pretty cute, in a very tacky way.

I just laughed for about a minute straight. Thanks, it's been the kind of day that required a good chuckle in it
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

At the top: Mother-in-Law gifted Chef Ramsay santoku with squishy rubber handle, black-painted unknown mostly unsharpenable metal (not sure if I can call it steel). Apparently they are also aavailable in red, blue and green!
    At the bottom: another Christmas gift, this one from Santa- the swordfish serrated! The metal ball on the handle makes this knife even more uncomfortable to use than it appears. Neither knife qualifies as the ugliest knife ever- especially considering some of the competition on this thread- but they both make me cringe when I see them in my wife's hands

Shouldn't the walls be higher to actually guide the cut?? It's actually a pretty funny idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumjockey View Post
    MMMMMM +1 for sure, rare hanger burgers! hanger steak is underrated and not well-enough known, I wish it was served in more restaurants. Super tender and way cheaper than other tender cuts... bonus
    It's nicknamed the butcher's tenderloin for a reason my friend- extra tasty, but quite an ugly cut. Which is why most butchers relegate it to a take home/grinding cut. And a lot of restaurants shy away from it because its none too appealing to look at whole, it's a ***** to slice it for plating(awkwardly shaped, and if youre selling high volume, slicing steaks is just a pain in general, we slice ours btw...)and if the customer doesn't cut against the grain whilst eating it- they'll think it to be rather tough due to its coarse grain. I personally love the suckers. One of my fave cuts, and I put it on my menu in various forms: tar-tar, meatballs, burgers, composed entrees- it's a very versatile cut. And fairly cheap too, if you know how to break em down.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

http://img1.etsystatic.com/009/0/676...36961_lzxt.jpg I think I found it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.