Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sushi chef vs. robber.

Sushi chef vs. robber.

Thought you guys would like this one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...101-story.html

That made my night!

I'm very much in the learning stage concerning knives. What is the recommended knife for this purpose? Suji? Deba?

I would go Tojiro 240mm yo deba. Mine is cheap and heavy, long enough and I don't care about it so much if something were to damage it.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Kato 150 petty....quick, and to,the point

I keep the Gude handy. Best to dis-arm the bad guys.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by larrybard View Post
    I'm very much in the learning stage concerning knives. What is the recommended knife for this purpose? Suji? Deba?
    Unless you have a single bevel knife with a really tough steel, i wouldnt really use one to defend myself against another person. Meat cleaver/butcher cleaver probably makes the most sense.

Plain and simple: no robber wants to become sashimi

Wouldn't be surprised if Miwa gets charged with reckless endangerment, assault, or even some kind of hate crime, depending on the ethnicity of the perp.

I got a lot of faith in the criminal justice system.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Late one very cold winter night many years ago I was on the metro headed home from work. It was the last metro running, and I was fighting the flu. Sadly, I fell asleep and missed my stop. The train was at the end of the line, and not in a great neighborhood. I had nowhere to go so I had to hit a payphone (yep, payphone.Like I said, many years ago) and call my fiance at the time to come pick me up. I sat outside on the bench waiting, soon to be the only person in the station parking lot. Well, almost the only person. From across the lot came a loud smashing sound followed be shattered glass hitting the pavement. I looked up and sure enough there was a guy who also looked up, catching me in his sight. He steadily crossed the lot, giving my flu raddled head only seconds to think this out. Instinct lead me to pull out my global clever from my backpack (that I always kept within easy access for such the occasion. The guy was within 10 feet in front of me when he saw what I had brandished. His eyes went from the clever to my eyes a couple times, I can still clearly picture this. I was waiting for the exact moment for him to reach for something a bit more aggressive than a clever. I had decided it would be at that precise second that I would lunge at him, Not giving him the opportunity to aim anything at me.
    Luckily though, he wasn't with gun, and decided to take a few steps back to turn and walk away.
    I was scared sh*tless. Freezing cold with half my faculties numbed by the flu, I figured I was F'd.

So, to answer the question of "what knife to use?" I'd say a Global clever. Worked for me!