Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    We got a winnah!
    Wow that particular blade is the perfect example of a frakenknife. Hey let's take every knife ever produced and combine them all into one package and then put a little black ball on the spine of the blade, duh, winning.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Dear lord that thing is horrendous.

That Shun cleaver just made me throw up in my mouth.

Guy Fieri' Knuckle Sandwich Knives and +1 on the Shun KO cleaver . Is it me or does the KO cleaver look alot like the one above

Rachael Ray & Ming Tsai

Here's Rachael Ray's attempt at the ugliest knife - the Furi!!!

How about the Shun Ultimate Utility Knife?

Have you guys caught an episode of Ming Tsai lately? I watched him a couple of times in the past few months and he's been using some new club of a knife, and I can't find out what it is. He's known for using Kyocera ceramics, but this thing is completely different. It's stainless, and I think by Global, but not sure. It's kinda a cross between a gyuto and that hideous Shun Onion cleaver thing. It's shaped like a Beluga whale with a downward curve in the middle of the spine and a big bulbous head above the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Found a new one! This guy is a full on knife maker(he even says he differentially heat treats stainless), but this knife is BUTT UGLY if I've ever seen one.

I and a few others had the oppurtunity to check this knife out. If I'm not mistaken it was panned by everyone.

I have to go with the Shun ultimate utility but kudos to the Ken Onion line. Those handles could ruin the look of any blade.

I dunno, that RR is just about the most eye piercing thing I have seen in a looong time.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I dunno, that RR is just about the most eye piercing thing I have seen in a looong time.
    Yeah, that really is an abomination.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

I just read the reviews of the "Furi" on Amazon, and they think that is an expensive knife and you get what you pay for. The price? A whole $29.99!!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig