Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ugliest. knife. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    HAHA! I even like how the knife has those little hamster dropping trails on it! Really ties it all together!

Yeah that's exactly what they look like too.

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    But do you really ever-ever chop the **** out of your herbs with a knife or two? With sharp knife youll slice them finer than you could chop it with no loss of flavonoids/oils.
    I like how the two reviews on the site are horrible. One guy says that food wedges between the blades. Great. Now you have to try poke out food between two blades. At least they won't be that sharp.

Here is the quote: "I find this very frustrating to use for chopping onions, celery, or other fresh veggies, due to the chunks being caught up in between the blades, choking the chopping action. This means I have to stop and remove these chunks before continuing to chop. Not time saving for me at all."

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

A new contender in the $200+ category:

Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

^^^
    Those Ken Onions knives are so friggin' stupid-looking. They seem like they were all engineered by people who have never cut anything in a kitchen. Knives for Microwavers to put out on display

What is up with the pregnant guppy handle??
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

But the lack of pointiness is so non-threatening! We don't want to hurt our food's feelings, do we?

BTW that halftime knife says "just like when pros hold 2 chef's knives". Oh yeah, because I do that ALL the time.

To bad they don't realize that that the two knives are one in each hand!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    This half-time knife isn't particularly ugly, but it is such an ugly idea. It is so wrong in so many ways. . . .
    It's a variation on the good old double-bladed mezzaluna:

Never saw much point in that, either, unless you're running a minced herbs factory.
    Doug Collins

Jeeze, chopping herbs is so easy it is just ridiculous to drag out more stuff that has to be cleaned! It seems to be an American trait to come up with labor saving devices that end up causing more labor than they save.
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Actually, I think the mezzaluna and double-bladed mezzaluna are Italian inventions from the 1800s. Not sure about that...
    Doug Collins