Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty

Reaction score
I got a few knives in to sharpen today. Among the various Chicago Cutlery and Henkels I received, this one stood out. It is perhaps the ugliest knife I have ever seen. If you have an uglier knife (I find that hard to believe), post a pic to proove it :lol2: :cool2:

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

haha, that is ugly, although it is also original. A baguette-shaped bread knife is not something you see every day. I like the thought, even if the practicality is somewhat lacking.

Now there is an idea, I could whittle some fish-shaped handles for yanagis or rib-bone shaped ones for the cow swords :idea:

Stefan

Found a new one! This guy is a full on knife maker(he even says he differentially heat treats stainless), but this knife is BUTT UGLY if I've ever seen one.
evolution-redwood.jpg

:puke::puke:

Ok...look at haslinger's other stuff! His chef knives are incredible to look at!
I DO agree that this one in particular is pretty horrendous.

We got a winnah! :puke:

Wow that particular blade is the perfect example of a frakenknife. Hey let's take every knife ever produced and combine them all into one package and then put a little black ball on the spine of the blade, duh, winning.

Dear lord that thing is horrendous.

Guy Fieri' Knuckle Sandwich Knives and +1 on the Shun KO cleaver :puke:. Is it me or does the KO cleaver look alot like the one above:Ooooh:

Here's Rachael Ray's attempt at the ugliest knife - the Furi!!! :Ooooh:

How about the Shun Ultimate Utility Knife? :eek:hmy:

Have you guys caught an episode of Ming Tsai lately? I watched him a couple of times in the past few months and he's been using some new club of a knife, and I can't find out what it is. He's known for using Kyocera ceramics, but this thing is completely different. It's stainless, and I think by Global, but not sure. It's kinda a cross between a gyuto and that hideous Shun Onion cleaver thing. It's shaped like a Beluga whale with a downward curve in the middle of the spine and a big bulbous head above the tip.

Found a new one! This guy is a full on knife maker(he even says he differentially heat treats stainless), but this knife is BUTT UGLY if I've ever seen one.
evolution-redwood.jpg

:puke::puke:

I and a few others had the oppurtunity to check this knife out. If I'm not mistaken it was panned by everyone.

I have to go with the Shun ultimate utility but kudos to the Ken Onion line. Those handles could ruin the look of any blade.

I dunno, that RR is just about the most eye piercing thing I have seen in a looong time.

I just read the reviews of the "Furi" on Amazon, and they think that is an expensive knife and you get what you pay for. The price? A whole $29.99!!!!

God damn the Ken Onion guy and whole of this company for taking advantage of mindless people . . . Like the super handle or special Kramer series makes your food better
Or this TV- shop knife with that plump bastard in commercial trying to sell that crap saying its the best honey in universe.

God damn the Ken Onion guy and whole of this company for taking advantage of mindless people . . . Like the super handle or special Kramer series makes your food better
Or this TV- shop knife with that plump bastard in commercial trying to sell that crap saying its the best honey in universe.

Hey, wait a minute! If it wasn't true, they couldn't say it on TV, right? :biggrin2:

Food TV Exec: "Here Guy, we have a knife we want you to market for us."

Guy: "Well, I don't know if I'm interested. The profile stinks and the handle slopes in the wrong direction. Besides, I already make enough money."

Food TV Exec: "We'll let you design a flame patten for the handle."

Guy: "I'm in!!!!!!"

Flames on the handle would be off the hook, but let’s also name the knife….hmmm….a knuckle sandwich….now that’s money!!!!! :shocked:

Remember the "Most Beautiful Knife" thread or on the KF kitchen site? I did a search over there and came up with nothing. As I recall there were some pretty ugly knives shown in that thread also. I'd like to take another look at that, does it still exist anywhere?

Remember the "Most Beautiful Knife" thread or on the KF kitchen site? I did a search over there and came up with nothing. As I recall there were some pretty ugly knives shown in that thread also. I'd like to take another look at that, does it still exist anywhere?
That thread involved almost immediately into the "Post Every Knife Ever Made" thread. Yeah, it had quite a few horrific knives. Probably best if that thread disappeared into the night, or was taken out by a ninja assassin. :ninja:

Thanks, it's just as whacked out as I remember!

Back