Quantcast
Zombie Buschef Knife - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Buschef Knife

What fun! (At least for those of us watching, perhaps not so much for Randy.)

Always something interesting going on at HHH.

Can't wait to see what you are able to do with that thing...

Johnny, I always have fun in the shop! Its the second rule.. The first rule is. In the event of a fire.. SAVE THE BURL!!!

Once I get this thinned out the rest will be a blast! Im going to totally reshape the thing.. It should be fun to see the B4 and after photos side by side!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

A few quick photos of the blade.. I ground off the faces or the cutlery rivets and removed the handles. Reshaped the entire knife. then surface ground this blade to about 2.5mm thickness.

What ya think of the NEW profile?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New Profile 002.JPG‎
Views:	32
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	5144   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Profile 001.JPG‎
Views:	38
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	5145  

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Profile 013.JPG‎
Views:	30
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	5146  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow there for a sec. I thought those were in the wrong thread. Looks so much different. can't wait to see were this is going. How was the metal? Was is scary? Easy to work with?

To be honest. It felt very soft, and almost like it was not hardened at all. Felt dead soft.

After removing the handle I realized that there was a welded on tang section hidden under the handle. So the damascus ended just under where the handle started. There are many opinions about this.. and I dont care to debate if this is a acceptable method to do this style knife.. We can save that for another thread.. lol

When I surface ground the blade I could feel and see a difference between the steel on the tang and the steel on the blade.

Tomorrow, I have to do some normalization cycles to some other damascus billets, so I will add this to that batch.. and then after 3 normalization cycles. Ill Heat treat and quench the blade. After that I will be able to tell you more about the steel..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

This is so cool!

Annealed and Normalized the blade today, 3X and its ready for Heat Treat!!! Now we wait.. till I have a couple others to do at the same time. I try and do batches of 3 or 4 blades..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I can't get enough of looking at the new profile. I keep thinking how they cut so many corners to get what they (the people that made the knife) got to. So sad they don't want to make anything to be used.

LOL.. yea, I tell ya what. As you know. with the shape and profile it had. you couldnt cut much with it!! Its sharper and a better cutter already and I have not even set the bevels! ! lol Like that thread where there cutting with a computer LOL

I hope you dont mind. I had to do some MAJOR changes!! Notably. totally re profile the blade and handle.. LMAO!

side by side..

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

This is gonna be like getting a HHH custom for $30 made out of crap steel. I am sooo jealous!

Heckofagood one Randy!

+ Reply to Thread