Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How you know it's sharp

Lol!! Owned!!

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    Dave it happen again !
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Dude! That are funny!

(Note to self: Call Dave and cancel order.)

Actually.. there are some truths to that picture.. one thing i hate with some of my knives is that i can't effectively rock chop as my blade cuts into the board a teeeny bit (without force)
    The knives that are thinnest behind the edge that is. It's annoying as hell.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    Actually.. there are some truths to that picture.. one thing i hate with some of my knives is that i can't effectively rock chop as my blade cuts into the board a teeeny bit (without force)
    The knives that are thinnest behind the edge that is. It's annoying as hell.
    How refined do you take your knives? For me knives would only stick into the cutting board when I was leaving really gritty edges on my blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    How refined do you take your knives? For me knives would only stick into the cutting board when I was leaving really gritty edges on my blades.
    3 micron strop. It's about the thinness, as i don't have the problem on my a little thicker knives like the Akifusa.

But i do have it on the Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri and the Ginga 240 white-steel gyoto. Both are really quite thin behind the edge.

It also might be the wooden boards at work but they look fresh enough and aren't of the cheapest sort. Shouldn't be them.

I have my knifebag there so i can't try and fiddle around at home right now. Must say, i started loving my Akifusa a bit more after the time here. It's a pain to sharpen but it holds the edge great and can take a bit of a beating (although i would use it as a bone-chopper or anything.)