Quantcast
Petty WIP
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petty WIP

Petty WIP

I decided to do a WIP on a petty, i will be working on it in between other projects. This blade has been profiled for a while, and i wanted to share the process.

This is the blade with potential handle materials. I will get all the materials i am considering and do a poll.

Thanks for looking, all comments are welcome

Mike

Ok blade is heat treated and tempering. I have it tempering at 375 and hopefully that will net me around 61-62. Handle selections will happen later tonight after i get home from work. Hoping to get it all ground out tonight and maybe get the handle fitted. We will see...Oh...keep an eye out, after this one is finished, it will be a giveaway

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    The choices for the handles is looking good. I can wait to see what the bottom one looks like under that star pattern.

Cool, I cant wait to see this one Mike! I still have not done a true Wa style handle. Ill be watching and taking notes! That redwood burl looks Xtra NICE!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Got the rough grinding done(50 grit) need to finish up to 800 grit belts after dinner, then a few minutes of hand sanding. Next up is the handle...Hopefully you guys don't laugh at how i do them

Figure i will get a little more distal taper in it as i am progressing through the belts. Also need to get the choil and spine rounded a little better.
    Back with more later

You call that knife making???? HAWHAWHAW!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I do!

Though you did start the wip fairly late in the process!

HAHAHAHA!!! It is hard to document this and make a butt ton of mini's at the same time lol. I am on my way back out to get more done.

+ Reply to Thread